Search results

1. gseritt

Jordan Highway Miniatures Vintage Vehicles - B-2 Steam Shovel HO Kit Help Please

Hey all, I hope that all is going well and that everyone is staying safe. I am wondering if anyone has (and would be willing to email) the instructions for the Jordan Highway Miniatures B-2 Steam Shovel Kit? I would like to get started on this kit but I don't have the instructions. Any help...
  2. gseritt

clockwise or anti-clockwise?

do you closed loop guys run your mainline clockwise, anti-clockwise or both? point to point guys are neither, I know. just wondering...
  3. gseritt

wooden structure construction advice please

Hey Guys, I have two quick questions: 1st - when building wooden structures - do you guys use primer or varnish before you paint or no? 2nd - what brand / type of glue or cement do you guys suggest for attaching metal pieces to wooden pieces. Any and all advice would be greatly...
  4. gseritt

turnout help needed please

Hello all, I hope that this finds you each well fed and well rested. The plan that I'm (somewhat) using as a template for my layout calls for a qty (1) Atlas #850 left remote snap switch and qty (2) Atlas #851 right remote snap switches. They are using an 18" radius in the particular spot...
  5. gseritt

how long is your HO classification yard?

Just polling to see the different lengths used for HO scale classification yards.
  6. gseritt

Heads UP - UP is moving Big Boy 4014 to Cheyenne for Restoration

Hey guys, I don't know if there is already a post about this but figured I'd share because it may be coming through your town. Found a link to this on Facebook a bit earlier. Here's the link to the story: http://www.uprr.com/newsinfo/releases/heritage_and_steam/2014/0424_4014.shtml and you can...
  7. gseritt

Consists for the Southerner EMD E6

Hey guys, I am about to show my ignorance. I am currently looking for HO scale Pullman passenger cars for the Southerner EMD E6: qty.1 of the baggage dormitory 22 chair car qty. 1 of the 52 seat chair car qty. 3 of the 56 seat chair car qty. 1 of the 48 seat dining car qty. 1 of the tavern...
  8. gseritt

The ever changing HO scale layout

So with the "inclement weather" that has kept us home bound for a few days I finally got bored enough, today, to start on the benchwork for my son's portion of the layout. Still only have a very vague idea on the track plan but built a bench, and loosely laid some foam board and some 24" curved...
  9. gseritt

Hello from Birmingham, Alabama

Hey all, I've been lurking around for a while and finally brought myself to joining the site today. About to start my first layout and looking forward to learning all that I can.

Back