Search results

1. T

QSI lights not working properly

I just completed my track, so putting lots of locomotives into service for first time. While I like all of the features of the QSI, the Soundtrax equipped locos are easier to program and more reliable for me so far. Anyway, I have put four QSI equipped Atlas locomotives into service without too...
  2. T

NCE Power Pro doesnt lke the QSI? Any Help?

I have an NCE Power Pro system. Just had it a few weeks. Works great, love it. However, I have several Atlas engines with QSI Titan sound decoders. When I put them on the program track, the NCE can not read the decoder manufacturer or model. Help! Also, second issue, I can't get Decoder Pro to...
  3. T

Which Airbrush Compressor to Buy

I just started using an airbrush using Propel canned air. Time to buy a compressor. Can anyone recommend a specific brand or model? Looking for a small unit, just airbrushing model railroad stuff, but want a good, no hassle, reliable unit. Cost is secondary to quality. Thanks for any help!
  4. T

Help with Propel Cans Please

I have always been afraid to try airbrushing. But at 60 years old I figured it was time to man up and try it. I bought a badger model 200 with propel can. That is a single action brush with bottom feed using compressed air from a can, called Propel. First two projects went fairly well. I used...
  5. T

Double Track - Yes or No?

What do you think of a double track layout? For timetable and train order operation, double track would actually decrease operational fun. And I am sure double track is less prototypical. Only a few of the very busiest mainlines are double tracked. But for lone wolf operation where the first...
  6. T

Central Georgia

I would welcome comments, suggestions or ideas for my Central Georgia 22x15 HO layout now in planning and bench work phase. I have included a PDF, and both cadrail 9.5 and dxf files are available if someone would like me to email them. The staging tracks are to be 2 inches lower than the...
  7. T

What about CVP EasyDCC?

Great discussion in another thread on NCE vs Digitrax. Anyone using the CVP EasyDCC system? It shows up in Model Railroader videos a lot. And their new wireless throttle seems great. Thoughts?
  8. T

Designing My 6th Layout with Cadrail

After no model railroad for the last 8 years, I can at long last once again have a layout. I am 60 years old and with any luck, this one will last the rest of my life. The space available is in a clean, dry, well lit, finished basement room about 22' x 15.5' but with a need to accommodate...

Back