Search results

1. RCShadow

Lurking and Rebuilding My Suspended Railroad

Lurking some to get back to rebuilding my suspended railroad. Life came up and caused me to be away a few years. I find myself having to relearn DCC from the bottom up. RCShadow
  2. RCShadow

Spectrum 0-6-0 Loco Midwest Quarry & Mining 81814

Just picked one of these up on eBay for $50. Before I receive it, does anyone have any input on its pulling power and general opinion on it? Thank you!
  3. RCShadow

eBay Purchases and Expierience

Having seen all the posts about getting good deals on eBay, and having made most of my purchases either through my LHS or from Model Train Stuff, I thought I'd give eBay a try. I purchased four items off of eBay and am satisfied with the expierience overall. First, I got an Athearn Tank Car for...
  4. RCShadow

Spectrum Doodlebug

I just won this on eBay for $51. I hope I did not make a mistake but the wife liked it a lot. It does have DCC and lighting though.
  5. RCShadow

Model Railroader Review of Kato GE P42

Has anyone else read the review of the new Kato GE P42 HO Loco? What caught my eye is the drivetrain. I sure wish other models were built this way :D! I like the fact that two independant motors are used for each truck. The weight of the model is also great. I feel that if more loco's were...
  6. RCShadow

NCE Customer Service is A+++

I cannot say enough about NCE and their customer service. I bought an SB5 smart booster for my Power Cab setup a month or so ago. I was running my suspended layout last week and all the sudden all my loco's stopped...nothing...nadda. I called NCE and spoke to Larry. He has been so helpful...
  7. RCShadow

Confused With Kadee Insructions

EDIT: The title to the thread, I mistyped Instructions...my apologies. This IT (Information Technology job) stuff and getting five hours of sleep a night might need looking at. Hmmm? Maybe that's why these instructons do not make sense right now lol. Maybe my almost 50 year old brain is...
  8. RCShadow

Auto-Reverser Question

I am adding a new addition to my layout (see drawing below) and wanted to ask if I could get away with just one auto-reverser. I also wanted to ask where would be best place to insulate one section from another. I really appreciate the help and any input you may have before I make my purchases...
  9. RCShadow

The Wife and I Finally Finished Phase 1

To start, this is our first attempt at any kind of model railroad. A little background first. We wanted something up and out of the way so the first thing we thought of was a near ceiling elevated layout. We looked around the net and found many shelf type layouts. The idea was ok but we did...
  10. RCShadow

Can I Use an NCE Switch-8 for Lighting On/Off Control?

Does anyone know if I can use a NCE Switch-8 as an on/off switch for lighting? I already have this unit for Tortoise Switch Machines but would like to use the extra ports I have avilable for acessories (LED lighting) for buildings. My thanks in advnace.

Back