Search results

1. RCShadow

Lurking and Rebuilding My Suspended Railroad

I understand for those looking to be super detailed to the prototype for sure.
  2. RCShadow

@logandsawman I made this as a log load by cutting some actual branches from a tree. Yes, it's dusty. I'll be cleaning all my rolling stock. Another chore getting back into this.
  3. RCShadow

That is interesting. One good thing about it though that I am sure you will agree with...we learned a lot and know what works and what doesn't. Thank you for the reply!
  4. RCShadow

It will be slow but I hear you. I am going to have to build all that lattice work again that the track was on. Most of the buildings are still up. As I said, I have to relearn how I ran the power etc. I am also thinking of just two main lines, about 85' each and not having any turnouts this...
  5. RCShadow

Thank you Patrick.
  6. RCShadow

This is what it looked like before. I will be reproducing it over time.
  7. RCShadow

Lurking some to get back to rebuilding my suspended railroad. Life came up and caused me to be away a few years. I find myself having to relearn DCC from the bottom up. RCShadow
  8. RCShadow

Swapping decoders

Yep. I have a piece of flex track just for programming. I don't have the Pro version of the NCE but the Power Cab with an SB5 booster so I got five amps. Since my layout is up so high, and the fact that the SB5 doesn't have a "programming track" mode, made me set up the programming part by...
  9. RCShadow

Swapping decoders

No worries. My problem with this DCC stuff is that not only were they designed by electrical engineers but the manuals must have been written by the same guys. It's confusing to be sure. The DCC manufacturers need to hire tech writers that can actually present material to an audience that...
  10. RCShadow

Swapping decoders

LOL! Too funny toot. To set this bit... For example: The default value for CV49, Headlamp control is 15, but change this to 2 for a Mars light. The effect is there, but not very vibrant with an LED, as you’d expect. Add in 128 (128+2=130) into CV49 and look at the mars light now. Adding 128...
  11. RCShadow

Swapping decoders

Yep and set bit 7 to compensate if you like... CV 49-52 Hyperlight Effect Select Description Used to set the Hyperlight lighting effect and control mode for their respective output: CV 49, Headlight Effect Select CV 50, Backup Light Effect Select CV 51, FX5 Effect Select CV 52, FX6...
  12. RCShadow

proto 1000 gp15 pulsing lights synced with erratic running

I have read that you can download sounds from the net for some decoders. Not sure if you could do this with these or not but it might be worth looking into if you are not satisfied (??).
  13. RCShadow

Track washout!

This will probably not be found humourous around the train guys but it reminded me of aerodynamics when I read the thread title as in... ...will the outside rail cause the inside rail to stall the locomotive before the other?... Now that's just funny if I were around aircraft oriented folks ;)...
  14. RCShadow

If it were me, I'd reset the loco and the command station. Just a thought :)
  15. RCShadow

I have no idea on the RF stuff, I guess it sounds plausable I suppose :confused: I have been reluctant to solder my loco's just yet fearing the manufacturer would void my warranty if I needed to send it in. I would certainly like to though. Several of my loco's went "loco" and it turned out to...
  16. RCShadow

My father taught me to solder and he said that was a "Cold Joint/Join". It's when you heat the solder only and not the piece being soldered if I recall. I just looked it up on Wikipedia to make sure my info is good and this is what I found: "A heat sink may be used on the leads of heat...
  17. RCShadow

Get MRC to stand by the warranty...get them back and eBay them and get the Tsunami. That's what I'd do :) EDIT: I just read your posts more carefully and read you soldered them. Not sure how you or MRC would feel to do a warranty thing having done that. I feel your pain about the soldering...
  18. RCShadow

DecoderPro: USB-to-Serial Adapter Works on Friend's System, but Not Mine

That is a VERY good idea Michael...thank you :)
  19. RCShadow

DecoderPro: USB-to-Serial Adapter Works on Friend's System, but Not Mine

Yea I'm trying. It may be tomorrow when I can get a fresh start...sorry Ken, it's been a long day. I did see you have been researching the issue, I even found your convo over on the Model Railroader site lol. I'll holler if I learn anything else new. Not having your hardware I will be hard...

Back