Search results

1. Proto48Patrick

2. Proto48Patrick

I am using fine ballast. It looks pretty good in contrast to O scale equipment. Thanks for the compliments ! Patrick
  3. Proto48Patrick

Patience, a good stereo, and a few beers and I'm off into my own world. Time flies really Patrick
  4. Proto48Patrick

I've been plugging away a few minutes a day. The yard is almost filled with ties. Next is ballast and ground cover.
  5. Proto48Patrick

Do you need some code 172 for a project? I can help you look. Tons of ol' S guagers and O gaugers in Michigan
  6. Proto48Patrick

Oh! That's part number 172...... which is a code 100 25 degree crossing. Makes sense to me now:) Patrick
  7. Proto48Patrick

Code 172 would be getting G scale/fine scale I would think. Shouldn't be related to HO at all. I'm using code 138, 125, and code 100 Patrick
  8. Proto48Patrick

Sleeper, I'm not sure if you question is regarding what Code 172 is.... But if you model both N scale and O scale, you understand the difference in rail heights between the two. I'm not an authority on N scale so forgive me if I am wrong. N scale uses a lot of Code 55 rail. The 55 is...
  9. Proto48Patrick

Here's my diamond so far.
  10. Proto48Patrick

Is is steel rail? Thats all Im using. If its nickle silver, I can ask some of my other O scale buddies. Pictures later in the week....My diamond is drying and I dont wanna disturb the paint since I masked all the ties off and such. Here is a photo of it from this morning tho. Patrick
  11. Proto48Patrick

Oops, I just saw this reply. I'll put it this way...the less you see me on a forum....the more that's getting done somewhere else. Which hopefully means something on the layout. Right now I'm laying a diamond crossing. Pics later if there is any interest. Take care guys! Patrick
  12. Proto48Patrick

To answer your question, there is no connection When I was in HO, my layout was basically a loop with a few towns and a yard in it. Since I've moved to O scale, the layout is a point to point and gives me a sense of purpose for the railroad. The size kept me from creating a loop style layout...
  13. Proto48Patrick

I live in Grand Rapids.
  14. Proto48Patrick

Layout room flooring

The ceiling is finished drywall. The layout will have a backdrop and fascia with curtains down to the floor. I don't mind the sound being loud(er), but the echo might really distract.
  15. Proto48Patrick

Layout room flooring

Another thing we need to consider is sound. Carpet is much quieter, harder to find screws/spikes, easier on the ol body in the long run. Solid flooring would be easy to clean, easy to find missing parts. I will be running O scale trains on hand laid track over homasote Spline. Is sound/echo...
  16. Proto48Patrick

Layout room flooring

I currently have 1980s Berber. Change is a coming and I might go with hardwood. Carpet would feel better on the feet tho. I haven't decided what I want yet. Diamond studs wouldn't feel very good during an operating session lol
  17. Proto48Patrick

Layout room flooring

what a coincidence!
  18. Proto48Patrick

Layout room flooring

If you had the chance to have whatever floor covering you wanted for your layout area, what would it be? Patrick Welch Proto48 Conrail
  19. Proto48Patrick

Hello from Grand Rapids

Welcome from Kentwood Mi.
  20. Proto48Patrick

Code 172 is huge! Good ol' elbow grease to get stuff lined up I bet. I am using code 138/125/100. The layout is about 200 LF shelf style, all branch line and going to be in pretty rough shape.

Back