Search results

1. R

SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

I like the software, i'd like to see a "print" full size layout.... so i can piece the paper together and lay it out on plywood and go from there....
  2. R

4x8 Ho Layout

Reverse loop & Spurs Reverse loop & Spurs (roadbed is already done) now to drill and install all the wiring. test again, and glue the track down (still planning, i have some spare bridges, 18 inch radius bride, plus some 9 inch bridges... man add a small river? pond? lake edge?) Got my...
  3. R

4x8 Ho Layout

yea i am doing everything on the fly now.. no more design, i'll lay the track down from now on and tweak from there.... the next layout will definitely be different, this is my 2nd 4x8 layout, and just not a fan... i wish i had the room now to do a dog bone or even a horse shoe layout...
  4. R

4x8 Ho Layout

Latest update Latest picture update, laying out the inner circle now, both outside rails work great, full power over 100 laps no derails.
  5. R

4x8 Ho Layout

2nd loop finished... test laps... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIRRxLYsdNM
  6. R

4x8 Ho Layout

yea, i agree... i only need 3, so i'll just grab my knees and see where it takes me... :-/
  7. R

4x8 Ho Layout

i do, and i am! eBay or my local hobbyshop
  8. R

4x8 Ho Layout

yea, it is a steeper grade, but it'll do... and yes i have laid the track out already, and the cars ran down it just fine... i am gluing the inside roadbed now, then tack the track again with pins and do another test run video of the inside loop.. after the inner loop is done, i'll hack the...
  9. R

4x8 Ho Layout

well some changes have been made... the helix didnt work so well... in fact not at all... i just need more room. so for now i am going with this... the outside loop will be somewhat isolated, this will be for my son to run all his trains around and around.. while i work on the inside with...
  10. R

4x8 Ho Layout

Outside loop finished... Here is a vid of some high speed laps... 2 engines, 21 cars... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_4KsYWCtuA dont mind the mess... lol now, onto the inside loops... running smooth, no derail at any speeds...
  11. R

4x8 Ho Layout

New backdrop.... 4 foot side 13 inchs by 48 inchs wide backdrop for around the back end of the helix Getting printed as we speak and will be shipped out soon.
  12. R

Someone Scored big time....

Still feel bad for the guy... 4x8 layout fully built with some exceptional detail for 20.50$ sold...
  13. R

4x8 Ho Layout

not quite sure yet... but i was thinking of something like this.....?
  14. R

Someone Scored big time....

Check out eBay item 121078968283 i logged in to check the deal, 10s left... bid failed to go through.... I couldn't believe what it sold for....
  15. R

4x8 Ho Layout

Another shot Custom wooden barriers... All hand cut and no two are alike.
  16. R

4x8 Ho Layout

I did get it to work! it should!! be around 3.2%-3.5% taking in the factor of a grade on a curve. I glued the inside foam grade today and laid the foam track bed on the outside loop. Still working on a few things.. right now, my outside loop has cliff sides along the edge so i am custom...
  17. R

4x8 Ho Layout

Update on layout update on the layout... still waiting for a few more risers and bridge mounts.. also changed up the layout some bit... took out the third loop, and added a crossover between the outer rail and inner rail. but the layout is coming together, soon will be upper shelf at the...
  18. R

4x8 Ho Layout

Rocomendation.... Any good recommendations on metal wheels for rolling stock? A lot of my rolling stock and passenger sets have plastic wheels, 33 & 36 inch wheels... i have one Santa Fe passenger set with metal and they run great. No derailments.
  19. R

4x8 Ho Layout

yea right now i only have 5 3' sections of flex track, everything else is sectional... i'll be swapping over to 100% flex when i expand the layout to a dedicated room.

Back