Search results

1. C

DC setup automation

Thank you for your suggestions. I am doing this for a school project and i'm stuck using the RasPI. the board that i found is actually designed for arduino, but it seems like it can be used with RasPI too. I intend for this project to be a very rough prototype, just to test out the concept...
  2. C

DC setup automation

Thank you for your reply. I want to use a little computer called Raspberry PI to accomplish this. It has 3.3V I/O pins that apparently can't put out more than 20mA. Haven't thought about controlling the speed, just want to get the basic setup done first. found this write-up, looks like...
  3. C

DC setup automation

Thank you for your response. I haven't thought about trying to control speed yet, maybe after I get the basic setup right. I think this is something that might be right for me -...
  4. C

DC setup automation

I want to control the power to the track with a computer. Have a computer program switch the power on and off. So i need to run a wire from an input/output pin on the microcontroller (computer) to the track, but the microcontroller cannot power the locomotive directly so i need it to switch the...
  5. C

DC setup automation

Hello, I'm trying to put together a regular DC setup and hook up a microcontroller to it for automation. From what i understand I can wire power to the track through a relay and control the relay with the microcontroller. Does this sound realistic and can someone suggest a proper relay to use...

Back