Search results

1. drolmaeye

Preferred adhesive or cement

Okay, track laid, wiring done, first structure (plastic kit) came in the mail today. Kibri 38530 DEMAG container crane. Anyone care to recommend a bonding strategy (brand, thickness, application method, etc.)? Last time I assembled a plastic kit was about 25 yrs ago and I used Testors plastic...
  2. drolmaeye

Are feeders mandatory around EACH turnout?

I just finished laying the last piece of track on my first layout (L-shaped point-to-point, 11' x 11' x 18", HO scale) and now it's time to wire it up. I have used Atlas code 83 with #6 turnouts (custom line). The turnouts have insulated frogs that feed power through the rails (for example, I...
  3. drolmaeye

Remove decoder to run DC

Is it possible/feasible to remove the DCC decoder from a Bachmann DCC On Board product http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Bachmann-HO-RS3-CN-DCC-p/bac-64207.htm and run it using DC? If so, do I need to buy a blank or jumper plug (or anything else) to replace the decoder? I currently have zero...
  4. drolmaeye

+1 from the West Suburbs of Chicago

Well, I've been lurking for about ten days. Every time I look there are about 100 members and 500 guests online, so I thought it was time to take the plunge and join the minority. Looking from the outside this hobby strikes me as a little odd, but it's definitely growing on me as I learn more...

Back