Search results

1. W

Site with calculators

I loaded a page with various calculations you can use on the fly- http://pattinson.net/wjp/rr/index.html If using a phone, click the link "Mobile Style" so it fits the screen better. Also, "RRCalc Program" is a computer based program (PC) that you can use. Once loaded, update it with the...
  2. W

Mouse or Mice?

We just keep the dog food in a trash container -- half full -- and the mice obligingly jump right in. Catch 'em in a plastic container, take them to the alley, and let the dog chase them away. It's rather fun...
  3. W

Paint in the bottle: shaken or stirred?

Back when I was making plastic models (cars,planes,spacecraft,monsters) I'd use a old spru to mix my Testors and clean the spru with the brush since that's where the paint is going anyway. Now, using the acrylics I get from Michaels (American,something else) I just shake vigrously, but that...
  4. W

Class Action Law Suits Against Photobucket

IMAO, that watermark is an ADVERTISEMENT for PB. They should be paying YOU for posting it.
  5. W

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

I'm so sorry the Black Friday cr*p has hit you guys. I've despised the lies about what it means for years. And since when does a one day "Friday" sale start on Monday and last a week? It's sad.
  6. W

I have 44 pix of the original layout, ending at this pic. No idea what page it was on though.
  7. W

I never liked the layout of Chrome. It makes no sense to me to have the tabs at the top of the browser. The tabs belong with the window they are associated with. The way FireFox used to do it -- until they went Chrome Clone Crazy.
  8. W

I for one rarely comment because I'd To me that just makes longer threads that get watered down from the real work. IMO, 1000 views a day trumps 10 atta-boys posts. If I have a question, be assured I'll ask. I'm looking forward to building the trestle. I have a couple to build on an N-Trak corner.
  9. W

Nuclear Power Plant

Some people just don't understand. I'm toying with the idea of making an N-Trak module of the "Great Boston Molassacre". It's an interesting disaster...
  10. W

My first glance at the pillars gave the impression of: The right one reminded me of a conquistador
  11. W

Based on the scene, where could the water go? There doesn't seem to be any opportunity for culverts, bridges, etc in that area. The tracks just get waterlogged. I would expect the track would have been secured in that landscape in such a way as to minimize track disturbance if at all possible...
  12. W

Hey Bushel, A couple other things to consider- In scale, N-Scale and below you tend to model scenes, not detail. In HO and above you model for detail. That's one rule of thumb I've run across. Second, for your first layout, just get in there and do it. Make the mistakes because it probably...
  13. W

I like the post-apocalypse idea. Keep the exact scene, just apocalize it. Trees downed and burnt, Some rock disasters. Hairy mutants running around with giant ants and cockroaches. Other "Mysterious Island" fauna.
  14. W

Criitters......

And which end would that be? :confused:
  15. W

Reminds me of the time I was waiting for some software to arrive -- during the days of 5-1/4 floppy era. The envelope was labeled "Do Not Bend" so the postal carrier folded it in half to stuff it in the mailbox.
  16. W

Here's my understanding: Based on your description, the frog currently has no power at all. Therefore, as long as your engine wheelbase is greater than the length of the frog, you should be fine. As long as at least 2 wheels are not on the frog the engine should have power. It's only when the...
  17. W

Yes. By adding those jumpers you guarantee power to the diverging rails and not rely on the points picking up the power simply by touching the rail, which can be iffy.
  18. W

HEY, YO, Dinosaur!

I'd love to see pictures of that section if you have any...
  19. W

Thanks, Jim. That gives me a few ideas. And I agree with Toot. Wonder if it was made by aliens, like the pyramids...
  20. W

How about with hydrocal? That's what I'm using, and it looks like you may have used it or plaster for those cliffs. I'd like to replicate something closer to this: Thanks... W

Back