Search results

1. C

Weathered Gondola

The last couple days I've been working on a roundhouse kit of a CNW ex Railgon. To create the dents I simply used a cigarette lighter and a retractable pen. I then added some rust colored paint, Kadee #5's, and Intermountain wheels. The load is the stamping scrap load from Chooch Enterprises...
  2. C

Airbrushing help

I tried my hand at airbrushing for the first time this weekend and it became a full on disaster. I have what I would consider an entry level airbrush made by Master Airbrush and was using Badger Modelflex Paint. At first I couldn't get the gun to pull the paint then when I diluted the paint, my...
  3. C

Iowa State Railroad Club Layout Progress 2013/2014

Since colder weather is upon us we've started working on the layout again. The really great news is that I'm no longer the only member. Two came back from internships and one is now back for graduate school. We actually stumbled across some supplies like a bundle of 50 pieces of flex-track, so...
  4. C

More Progress on the Iowa St. Railroad Club

More pictures for everybody to see. The used flex track worked great for the elevator and run around tracks. It has a bit of a wiggle to it like real sidings would. I hope everybody enjoys. Joel
  5. C

Young pup here

I'm Joel, originally from rural Nebraska and now a Freshman engineering student at Iowa State. My current project is working on the Iowa State Railroad Club layout as you can see in the showin' off forum. Someday I hope to model the CNW Cowboy Line in Nebraska in the 1980's.
  6. C

Iowa State Railroad Club

I'm about the only one in the club this semester just because one member graduated, two are taking the semester off because they have co-op opportunities, and another has to take off a semester because of financial reasons. This is the progress I've made on our layout the past week laying cork...

Back