Search results

1. N

My first 4X8 layout Mountains and tunnel, and town

Thanks Trucula I will stop by next time I goto PA
  2. N

Track inquery

Also code 83 has brown and is more realistic than code 100 which is black RR ties, code 100 has a little more give for cheaper tyco cars. ( I personally run code 83) my RR club runs code 100 though for modules
  3. N

My "retro" HO-scale layout!

Looks good, I like that ballast, were did you get it, the only kind I have seen are the light gray colored.
  4. N

I have about 40 more tree too put on and 1 canopy kit on order for next month. I also might put a radio or cell tower w/LED light on the back side
  5. N

Mountain in the works photoshoot So I did a photo shoot with my good camera today, I did a little more messing around with the dirt road, and custom painted some deer. I also just ordered a static grass applicator. I suck at pictures Dirt Road to the top of the mountain, I painted...
  6. N

Upgrading Wheels, Trucks, and Couplers.

Thanks for the info, I will have to check those out
  7. N

So I have been adding onto my collection of train cars, and recently joined my local railroader club. Just my luck they were having a rather large auction to the member of a past members collection. I was able to pick up about 24 new cars, mostly all athearn with KD's and some even had steal...
  8. N

Weekly Photo Fun! 1/19 -> 1/25

Thanks for the info.
  9. N

I was referring to this picture
  10. N

Kbkchooch, they all look good, I was asking the question to you about the wood ties you used in the picture of your engine
  11. N

Thanks for the info I will check these out.
  12. N

DM&IR Hill City Sub: Johnson's Produce

WOW! That looks amazing, what did you use to run the lights (I am thinking of lighting my layout) and it seems like I can't find anything to run on my setup (i am no electronics expert) Here is what I'm running if you care to help me out...
  13. N

I haven't been there yet, but maybe I will check it out, Tommy Gilberts was worth the stop though. How is Main Line Hobby?
  14. N

I used a Woodland Scenics Kit (canopy and tall pine)
  15. N

I am semi new to the hobby and was looking into doing a few things to my existing rolling stock, I want to change all the wheels to steel wheels as I have a few cars that ride really good on them, but can't seem to figure out the sizes, is there a chart as what goes onto what? Also same thing...
  16. N

Looks great, what did you use for wood retaining logs in that picture.
  17. N

So I added on to my Norfolk Southern Collection! So this week I decided to invest in some better rolling stock and struck a nice deal on ebay for Athearn lot of 7 ($65 shipped) and got the flat car at Tommy Gilberts up in Gettysburg for $10 not bad for a Walthers flat car (by the way that is a...
  18. N

The Start of ALB to LNK

Looks like a good start, I'm jealous of your massive table! :D
  19. N

So I decided to redo my mountain sceme slightly to make more realistic, I put on a black undercoat on alot of it, and then took the advice of foam brush and gray watered down paint, it turned out pretty good so far, alot more detail to go but coming along rather nice, any good ideas would be...
  20. N

Coupler types

What do you do on the older Tyco they have a completly different setup for the wheels and couplers than the newer stuff (75% of what I have is hook and horn)

Back