Search results

1. B

Engine design, what's better?

So last night, I was curious about how my engines worked exactly and popped the shells off of them. I have 2 diesel engines, one by Life-Like and the other by Model Power. They sound very different but I had always assumed they worked the same way. I was surprised to see they were totally...
  2. B

Problems with electricity flow through track??

Okay, so I have 2 oval tracks, there's a pic of my layout in the Showin Off area. It's a DC layout so I have 2 controllers. The outer track has recently started 'acting up'. As in certain areas the train loses power and even stops occasionally. I tried replacing the sections of track with...
  3. B

Cheap Bachmann controller?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. But my son has a Bachmann train set, where it has the two red wires with like a plug that plugs into the track. The controller doesn't do reverse any more for some reason, so he can only make the train go forward. He needs a new controller that...
  4. B

My HO Train Town layout.

So here is what I have so far. It's a 4x6 layout, I have 2 controllers to the left, 1 for the outer track and 1 for the inner track. I have lots of work to do yet as can be seen. I plan to put in at least 2 more buildings, a gas station and a KFC drive in. Also need to finish the...
  5. B

Hello from Maryland!

Hello, I've been lurking on here for a couple of weeks now. My name is Mike and I'm pretty much new to model railroading/trains. I started a HO scale layout several years ago but mainly played with it around Christmas and would then lose interest. This year I've done more on it in the past few...

Back