Search results

1. B

My HO Train Town layout.

Sounds sweet! Yeah, it's kinda cool adding in other hobbies to the model train. At the top left of the picture is a black SUV, which is actually the Decepticon Crankcase for any Transformer buffs out there. In my previous post with the pictures of KFC, in the first picture you can see Optimus...
  2. B

Budget Rehab/reforesting project

Looks great! I love the little radio station up there!
  3. B

My first 4X8 layout Mountains and tunnel, and town

That is looking great!! I want to make some mountain/tunnel for my layout and have gotten some good ideas from this thread! I have the same set of Bachmann people. I like your Zombies idea!
  4. B

My HO Train Town layout.

Indeed, that's awesome! Just got a Tyco Transformers train set off of ebay! This is really cool!! My wife had the idea of incorporating some of my Transformers into my train set. So I did some research on a Transformers forum that I'm a member of and found some HO scale Transformers that I'll...
  5. B

My HO Train Town layout.

Thanks! I used some shingles that were left over from my shed's roof that was just replaced a few weeks ago.
  6. B

My HO Train Town layout.

Well I just installed a KFC and some more cars and accessories. Planning on a gas station next.
  7. B

Problems with electricity flow through track??

Thanks guys! I cleaned the track as suggested and tightened some rail joiners. It made a huge improvement!! There are still one or two sections that I think I need to tighten rail joiners, but I went ahead and ordered some wired rail joiners and will fix the issue with those.
  8. B

Thanks for the advice! I'll order the Atlas rail joiners. I hate soldering, I do it occasionally on my RC trucks but they're much bigger than these little HO scale trains. Also do you think 99% isopropyl alchohol and cue tips would work okay for cleaning? Simply because I already have those...
  9. B

Engine design, what's better?

I wasn't too surprised by the Model Power engine as I remember as a kid in the 80s I took the shell off of my Tyco engine and there was one driveshaft running to the rear truck. The fact that it had 2 driveshafts to each truck seems like a better idea. I was just really surprised by the...
  10. B

Engine design, what's better?

So last night, I was curious about how my engines worked exactly and popped the shells off of them. I have 2 diesel engines, one by Life-Like and the other by Model Power. They sound very different but I had always assumed they worked the same way. I was surprised to see they were totally...
  11. B

Okay, so I have 2 oval tracks, there's a pic of my layout in the Showin Off area. It's a DC layout so I have 2 controllers. The outer track has recently started 'acting up'. As in certain areas the train loses power and even stops occasionally. I tried replacing the sections of track with...
  12. B

My HO Train Town layout.

Yes it is, I believe an old Rail Charger set I bought a couple of years ago. One of my engines broke, fell off the train table one too many times. So in looking for a new engine I realized I needed a little more of everything so I just bought an inexpensive set and I wanted horn hooks to match...
  13. B

My HO Train Town layout.

Well I wouldn't exactly say they sell train stuff. Ollie's seems to do buyouts of 'stuff', since IHC has gone out of business I assume they found some extra churches and machine shops and bought them as surplus. That's the only train stuff I've seen there so far...aside from toy trains. They...
  14. B

Cheap Bachmann controller?

Yes, that's exactly what he's been looking at on ebay! He has the wires and all he's just not liking that it has no reverse...I thought about opening it up, but not exactly sure what to look for. That'd be great, I could paypal you some $$ for shipping or whatever!
  15. B

My HO Train Town layout.

I originally intended on doing all PlasticVille but like I said I couldn't pass up a building for $6 and I really like it. I also am getting a KFC, not sure who makes that, for Christmas. Also purchased a set of 6 cars...kinda cheesy looking but will be getting better ones for Christmas as well...
  16. B

Hello from Maryland!

Very cool, I bookmarked the links! Thanks guys! Yeah, I definitely wanna hit up the Timonium show...looks awesome!!
  17. B

Cheap Bachmann controller?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. But my son has a Bachmann train set, where it has the two red wires with like a plug that plugs into the track. The controller doesn't do reverse any more for some reason, so he can only make the train go forward. He needs a new controller that...
  18. B

My HO Train Town layout.

Yeah, I really liked the Plasticville because they're so easy to put together. The machine shop on the right I picked up at an Ollie's discount store because it was only $6! It's made by IHC, which I discovered has gone out of business, but even though it was a bit harder to put together than...
  19. B

Hello from Maryland!

I'm in Columbia, just south of Baltimore. That sounds cool, I will have to check out that train show in Timonium!
  20. B

My HO Train Town layout.

So here is what I have so far. It's a 4x6 layout, I have 2 controllers to the left, 1 for the outer track and 1 for the inner track. I have lots of work to do yet as can be seen. I plan to put in at least 2 more buildings, a gas station and a KFC drive in. Also need to finish the...

Back