Search results

1. C

HO Scale Apartment Layout

I've come up with a potential solution, while not the most efficient use of real estate, I think may be interesting. Using a crossover to handle the line into the factory on the left, the runaround moves around said line. By parking the car on the crossover, I may be able to run the loco around...
  2. C

It's been awhile since I've last posted, but I'm back working on the layout and need some help. If you refer to the images below, I have a spur running out from the mainline part of the track into a small industrial area and I desperately need to fit in a runaround track. At the least this has...
  3. C

Okay, things are going slowly, but steadily! I've got almost all the track down and now I'm trying to fine tune the feeders to make sure there are no dead-spots. I've picked up a separate power pack now for the accessories and switch-machines and I have a question, what gauge wire should the...
  4. C

Lifelike SW9 DC to DCC Conversion

Well great news, all of the parts have come in! I'm going to start wiring this in as soon as I can. I have one question though: does anyone have any tips/tutorials on how to keep the wiring taught/tight within the compartment space? There are going to be a number of wires running through here...
  5. C

My grandfather gave me a bunch of old turnouts. He has no idea where the frog could have gone... :confused: I'm thinking it may just be cheaper to buy a new switch altogether?
  6. C

I also noticed last night that one of my no.6 turnouts is missing it's frog. Does anyone know where to order just a frog for a turnout? I don't exactly have the equipment to make my own... :o
  7. C

Trouble with Bonding Foam to Plywood

I've had foam bow quite a bit before, one trick I learned was to cut part of the way through the foam to relieve a bit of the bend, like this:
  8. C

I've been pretty busy, but I've made some progress on the second part of the layout. I made a few changes to the yard layout. I'm no longer using a curved turnout, and in lieu; creating a switchback for the engine house as it won't fit between the yard and wall! Good thing track comes up easily...
  9. C

Hate Athearn's Flimsy Handrails?

That image really made me laugh, and funny you posted this; I'm going to try and get it to 'remember' it's shape later on tonight; I'll let you guys know what happens!
  10. C

Switching Layout Roadbed Question.

I'm currently laying down the track on my switching layout as well! I'm actually using a combination of both Aileen's Tacky Glue and track nails. The nails are extremely helpful with the flex track and hold it in place while small dabs of glue ensure that it doesn't bow up from base. Where...
  11. C

Small update here! I know it's slow going; but at least it's going. I picked up some more cork this weekend and am working into the second area of benchwork: And I've made quite some progress with the trackwork. Having to custom cut nearly every turnout has been a chore, but I really...
  12. C

looking around for ....

Just give her a quick bath and light scrub; throw a quick paint job on and good as new! :D
  13. C

Big question before I go further... Should I use track nails or glue it down? I feel like glue will give a solid connection; but messy and difficult to re-work later on. With the nails I feel like the connection isn't as solid (nailing into foam), but much easier to rework and cleaner. I think...
  14. C

WPF 12/1 to 12/7

I love that little engine, I've decided my layout is to be B&O as well. Who makes that little beast?
  15. C

Well, I went to a train show today and was able to get quite a haul. I picked up the flex track I needed, some straight parts and a few boxcars as well! And now I've gotten into laying down the first trackbed! I was blazing through thus far, but ran out of cork before long; but I've laid...
  16. C

More progress! Glued in the foam and puttying the edges to get a clean surface: Painting the base coat: Got the switches in the mail!!! And preliminary laying them out: Now I need to get some flex track and straight sections to fill the rest of the layout; hopefully we'll start...
  17. C

Hi from Ohio!

Absolutely! I was going to make a post here soon myself. :D Any other takers?
  18. C

My turntable project

Where did you get that metal block? Is it aluminum and how did you get the holes? Do you have your own CNC machine? or did you just drill them yourself?
  19. C

Bachmann EZ Command DCC

I have an EZ command system and it works well for my small switching layout. I really won't need to upgrade the system until I build a larger layout. It really just depends how large of a system you're laying out, how many trains you intend to run at once, and how complex of controls those said...
  20. C

Lifelike SW9 DC to DCC Conversion

SO, I've decided to go with the standard EMD567 Engine sound, no turbo, in order to stay within prototype. However; in deciding which decoder to use, I know I want to use a Tsunami 1000 series; but which one should I use? the TSU-1000 or one of the more specific brand type decoders like the...

Back