Search results

1. pappywolf

Fast Track Help

Is this the best track to start a O scale setup ? What is a good book to use to learn about this track. It is pricey, is gargraves a better choice ? Thanks all:rolleyes:
  2. pappywolf

USRA 2-8-8-2 MTH Mallet question

Hey folks I am back. Life goes on even though we want the world to stop and take notice of a fallen solider. The world is to busy. Thank you for all your kind words and prayers. My grandson (Jasons boy ) loves trains so I am going full boar for him. Question, What is a good book that would...
  3. pappywolf

Please for give me for not getting back to anyone. My son in law Spc. Jason A. Lucas was killed in afganistan on friday the 13th. We are heart broken. He was only 24. He was over there only 38 days before a suicide bomber drove his car into Jasons vehical. He had two sons 3yo and 7yo . HOW...
  4. pappywolf

That would be a monster setup! 40 cars ! Also, I can not get a straight answer to what type of transformer or controller to buy. You all have been great with your answers. Mth is the one that is so foggy. You would think they have the best one for there engines. Oh well, I will keep looking...
  5. pappywolf

I can not find much history on this type of engine. What it pulled or what type of cargo. I was told this engine hauled coal. Is this right ? 40 hopper cars ! Would my engine pull that many cars? Thanks
  6. pappywolf

My engine is a MTH model # 30-1156-1 Question , what is this dsc sound they talk about. Is that the same as proto sound ?
  7. pappywolf

I guess, sorry but I am not sure when they talk about proto sounds. I am looking for more info on the subject. Thanks for the web site. I will check it out.:D
  8. pappywolf

Thanks for the info, please keep it going. This is my second O scale engine. The last one I had I was just a kid and boy was that a long time ago. Things have changed soooo much. This proto thing really sends me into a fog. Thanks again :D
  9. pappywolf

Hey, just bought me a real nice 2-8-8-2 Rail King MTH Mallet . O scale. O-31 track. I have to say folks, I am lost on what to buy now. I do not know what transformer to buy or what track. This new Proto stuff is all new to me. I do know you all have been a great help in the past. SO here...
  10. pappywolf

ID an engine

New one for you all. Can you name this one for me. I have stumped my train buddy on this one . Thanks
  11. pappywolf

Big Boy Turntable,roundhouse

If you wanted to build on from scratch, where would you find drawings or blueprints. I like building in wood. Bridges,buildings all kinds of stuff with detail and weathering. thanks all
  12. pappywolf

Sorry , I miss read your email. Still turning those engines + tenders must have taken a long time. Did they have roundhouses just for those big boys ?
  13. pappywolf

They did all that just to turn the engines around ? Are you saying they also unhooked the tender then just turned the engine ? Thats alot of work ! Thanks for the new info !!!
  14. pappywolf

Scheme for my rr.

Great paint job !!! Looks real good.
  15. pappywolf

Thanks Josh for the info, I will check it out. Later
  16. pappywolf

:o I know I am a pain, Who sells a turntable and roundhouse that will fit a Big Boy and other large engines. Thanks again:confused:
  17. pappywolf

Rail repair HO scale cars

Ok, can not find a grinding rig, how about a turntable that will fit a Big Boy. not a thing on ebay. Thanks
  18. pappywolf

Rail repair HO scale cars

Me again, Hey what do they call the rail repair train you see once in a blue moon next to the mail lines. The thing lights up the night !! Do they make a HO Scale car you can build or buy ? Thanks all:cool:
  19. pappywolf

"Best" Looking Unit, Steam

Boy I sure stired up a can of worms with my BL2 question. My vote goes to the Big Boy.
  20. pappywolf

ID a Engine for me.

Looked at Browser again, found what I was looking for. Thanks again

Back