Search results

1. M

Stop the press! ! ! St Louis Post Beating Up on the Railroads

Sorry to borrow against another thread's title but I couldn't resist :) The local paper is running a series on the railroad and the first three articles seem a little rough in asking for a company or big government to protect my neighbors from the dangers of walking down railroad trestles or...
  2. M

Cornerstone Series(R) Container Crane - Kit HO-WRR312 - Any Personal Reviews?

My layout has a rather blank spur area I am using for my modernish intermodal railcars and I would love to add an affordable crane. This Cornerstone Series(R) Container Crane - Kit HO-WRR312, keeps popping up on ebay and websites I visit. It is in my price range but I do not see much for...
  3. M

HO Screw Lot Source Help

I have collected a small number of Tyco, Mantua and AHM railcars. Slowly they are converting to high quality trucks but I find myself short on the exact right bolts to use. Go figure, the ARP bolts in the garage are all too big. I've used super glue and the extra nuts and screws from switch...
  4. M

Join the Model Railroad Magazine Board and you get signed up for scam billing

Not sure where else to post this to do some good but here it goes: I received a DVD in the mail from Model Railroad Magazine with some ambiguously worded non bill and request to mail it back if I did not want it. Apparently they obtained my address when I signed up for their forums. After...
  5. M

When are long couplers not the best?

I have converted two of my new railcar purchases from standard to long shank couplers. Previously they despised my 18" curves. One was considerably under weight as well but fixing the weight while it did help the long shank couplers were the difference makers. Besides making my trains...
  6. M

Bachman 3 to 2 axle truck conversion ?

Hello, I own a couple six axle Bachmann item number 18345 HO Scale Silver Series 52' Center-Depressed Flat Cars. My layout is full of 18" curves and switches. In general 6 axle locomotives and railcars do not run as well on it as their 4 axle counterparts, even my 30 year old tyco stuff...
  7. M

Any Short Well Cars Out There?

Hello, I still run a number of shorter railcars on 18" curve track. To date the only double stack well car I have purchased is a bit big for my taste. Does anyone make a well car short enough it would hold a maximum 40' container?
  8. M

HO continuous run layout ideas needed - roughly 60 x 112

Help, I am getting my layout off the ping pong table and into the old entertainment center cubby in my basement. The usable space is Left wall: 67 inches Width: 112 inches Right wall: maybe up to 60 inches - the wall only sticks out 45 but the wife has furniture there which comes out about...

Back