Search results

1. WC3026

lift out and stopping train.

So I have a lift out on my layout and have it set up so when I lift it up it shuts the tracks off a certain distance before it. It works great if it is only one loco. How can I wire it so that as the locos go across the gap they will stay running until the last loco goes over the gap? Could I...
  2. WC3026

Proto 2000

First off All I can say is wow.. Wow that they run great and wow that you have to take it apart and clean all the gears to free them up! I picked up two ( unknown when made) GP30's put them on test track at hobby shop, they light up and you can hear the motor turning but no movement. Well we...
  3. WC3026

weird sound out of loco

So I have 2 (TWO) athearn RTR the non dcc kind. They have been running great since I got them but now both are making an odd noise. they are fine when they are on the straights but when they hit any kind of turn the start making a growling noise. when they are by themselves (no cars behind them)...
  4. WC3026

turntable and making it work

So right now I have the atlas TT on my layout it works great but its just too small. I at one time had a walthers 90' that i bought and the guy had it modified to a atlas TT to turn it but, have no idea what happened to it (I have the atlas TT that was with it but not the 90' ) . So what I am...
  5. WC3026

Switching Systems

So I have been looking at switching systems. Right now I am using the MRC prodigy advanced 2 system and I really like it but I am wanting something I can get more i depth with like JMRI and what not. I am looking at a NCE system at my LHS it is used but there is alot there (cant remember...
  6. WC3026

My collection Has started!!

So I have always wanted to model the Wisconsin Central railway Since I live about 75 yards away from the line now CN. I have always kept my eye out for WC items well my collection just got bigger!!! All of these are Athearn RTR. Here is the group pic (it is missing one) One of the GP38-2 2004...
  7. WC3026

What decoder is this???

Got a nice Athearn loco off ebay and it came with a decoder but have no clue what kind it is cause there is no marking on it.....
  8. WC3026

Ditch lights and programing

So I picked up some ditch light housings tonight and want to put them on two of my locos. Now I am not so good at understanding the way it is put in the instruction manuals so I am wandering if any of you have a easier way of putting it. I want them on when going forward and off when going in...
  9. WC3026

Best sound decoders

I am looking to start swapping out some of my regular decoders for sound ones. I am looking to get by as cheap as I can. I know going by cheap the sound might not be the best. right now I am using digitrax dh123 and dh163 decoders. I am on a tight budget right now thats why I am trying to find...
  10. WC3026

Advanced consisting

So I am trying to figure out advanced consisting but I am lost on the cv changes. When I go to do the consist how do I know the loco it the lead loco or the consist number? When I do the headlamp cv what numbers do I put to make them work on the front and end of the consist? I am using...
  11. WC3026

Digitrax BackEMF

So I have been thinking about upgrading from the dh123d decoders and going to the dh163d decoders. the reason why is they have backEMF. Can anyone tell me if it does what they say???? I have one hill on my small layout and it gets hard running two trains and not letting them rear end each other...
  12. WC3026

Athearn RTR SD60

I have an Athearn SD60 RTR that keeps making get madder and madder. On the front truck the center axle keeps going out of gauge. It is a factory axle that is on there. I wish I could get some NWSL axles for it but dont have the money. Is there anything I can do to keep this thing in gauge...
  13. WC3026

The SCV&WR RR

So been building my layout since last fall and thought I should finally put up some pics of it. The name I thought of took a little time but after thinking about where I am "kinda" modeling. With the building of this layout the "St. Croix Valley & Willow River Rail Road" was born. This...
  14. WC3026

Fixing a rubber rock mold

A friend of mine is letting me use his rock molds and one of them has a two cracks in it from flexing it to get the rock out. I believe they are woodland scenic's but not too sure. It is one of the really deep ones and you need to pretty much fold it inside out to get the rock out is there a...
  15. WC3026

Athearn BB GP......

Finally got a decoder into the used BB i picked up a week ago. test ran it on DC and it ran ok so I did a partial tune up to it. Well now with it on DCC it is slower then you know what. I have my settings maxed as far as I know but still slow. I put the same settings into another BB i have and...
  16. WC3026

help with identification

Just picked up two locos from a guy used. one is an athearn and the other I have no idea what it is but it runs awesome on dc. Now need to find out what kind it is so I can figure out how to install DCC. the bottom of the trucks say made in austria, and there are little holes in the middle of...
  17. WC3026

Athearn wheel set replacement

So i have been looking at my locos after doing lighting and other thing and need some help. I want to change over the wheels to nickel silver ones but dont know the sizes. Are all athearn locos the same size wheel or no? I have SD40-2, SD-60 RTR, and SW-1500 in HO scale.
  18. WC3026

Athearn RTR LED

Ok So I am trying to switch over all my Athearn Locos over to LED lights. I am starting with my one and only RTR unit. I took the wires from the blubs off of the board and took led with resistor and touched to the board and have nothing. took resistor off and still nothing. I out the bulbs back...
  19. WC3026

Accurate Finishing INC.

So I got some used rolling stock form a local modeler. in the mix there were 8 kits still in the box never touched. One of them is from Accurate Finishing INC. looks like a good piece but not instructions on how to put it together!!!! It is a GTW ACF 3 bay centerflow, would anyone by chance have...
  20. WC3026

A little shock!!!!

So I have a prodigy advanced 2 system and love it, works great for me. Now to the point at hand. I have have been noticing the past few weeks that i would keep getting a little shock from the handheld. I thought nothing of it being that it is getting to be winter and it is dry in my house. Now...

Back