Search results

1. goscrewyourselves

The Dreaded Rope Bridge

Some thought I was joking, but als - I was not! Here is the beginnings of the "Rope Bridge" that will span miles of open who knows what ... we can only wait and see. Here are the cross members for the Bridge Walkway. You'll note the grooves at either end of the members that will hold the rope...
  2. goscrewyourselves

Paint Stripping

After years (literally) of looking for something that works as a paint stripper for trains, I finally found one - Carby Cleaner - specifically Gum Out! Strips acrylic paint on contact and factory paint with a bit of scrubbing with a stiff tooth brush after letting it soak for about 15 minutes...
  3. goscrewyourselves

An attempt at Painting

Okay - bit the bullet and thought I'd give repainting some old rolling stock I had - a Box Car and Covered Gondola/Grain Car (I think). Here is what I started with: Here is where I am at the moment: Maroon for the Box car with a Gun Metal Underside. Silver Leaf as a backing coat...
  4. goscrewyourselves

Motor Bike Mechanic??

Anyone here a motor bike mechanic or someone who rides and does all their own work? Need some advice on an issue I am having with my 97 Heritage.
  5. goscrewyourselves

Track Main Bus?

Can you run a set of wires from your controller track connections to a Terminal Block and then run X Amount of sets of wires for track power from that terminal block? Does that make sense?
  6. goscrewyourselves

Creating realistic looking rock faces?

I know how to create the rock face, BUT have forgotten how to "paint/stain them" to achieve a realistic looking rock. So, what do you guys do or how do you paint your rock faces - type of medium, colors etc. :)
  7. goscrewyourselves

Wiring Organization

How do you keep your wiring neat and tidy and manageable? Mine always looks like a rats nest by the time I am finished with it :(
  8. goscrewyourselves

Engine Repairs?

Straight to the point - does anyone know of anyone who does N Scale Engine Repairs/Servicing? I would prefer someone in the state of New York OR someone from these forums; however right now, I'd be happy with someone who did top quality work, that perhaps someone here had experience with, was...
  9. goscrewyourselves

Caboose Industry Ground Throws

Do any of you guys use Peco Flex Track and these Caboose Industry Ground Throws? If anyone does, what I am wondering is can you use the Sprung Ground Throws with Peco Sprung Turn Outs, or should I use non sprung Ground Throws?
  10. goscrewyourselves

Arch Foot Bridge

For the past few days I have done very little other than electronics on my little layout and am frankly a little bored with it. Therefore, I was thinking ahead and the small expansion I have planned for the layout and decided I would try building an "Arched Foot Bridge" from scratch, so this is...
  11. goscrewyourselves

ALL TO READ !!!!!!!!

There was an individual who joined the Forums last night - loopki98 - this individual has since been BANNED; however, he is/was a SCAMMER and before being identified has evidently sent BOGUS MESSAGES to some other Forum Members. What ever you do, DO NOT respond to those messages as they are...
  12. goscrewyourselves

LED Flickers

I have an LED that seems to flicker and I can't figure out why. The connections are solid (soldered) just like the others but this one wants to flicker?? Any ideas?
  13. goscrewyourselves

Talk about Shipping Service ...

Ordered a "small item" from a place called B&H Photo in New York City. They processed the order and so on very quickly BUT shipped it via DHL (domestic). New York City is a 4hr 55minute drive from my front door (about 290 miles). According to damn DHL, I wont get the item until next Monday...
  14. goscrewyourselves

Tech 7 Controller?

Anyone use one of these Tech7 Controllers? If so, are they any good and which one should a person get if they are good?
  15. goscrewyourselves

A couple of New Vehicles

Lashed out and bought myself a few vehicles for the layout: Scania Coach: Which looks a bit big for N Scale?? A few of the Local Lads:
  16. goscrewyourselves

Kato 2-8-2 issue

First up - the problem I have with the 2-8-2 was caused by me not changing y wiring from Accessories to Track Power on my controller. I think I managed to burn out the motor or decoder or something as I get absolutely nothing from the engine at all, zilch. I have tried finding a service...
  17. goscrewyourselves

What are these?

I have 14 of these little "switches" which are nice - very compact and would be very useful I think for accessory lighting especially; however, how do you use them? How do you wire them? Are they like any other switch - Positive from power source to one terminal of the switch, then the...
  18. goscrewyourselves

No speed control DC

So I have been redoing my little "Test Track Layout" and have about half of the trackwork down. That track work is powered by one set of feeders from an MRC 1370 DC Controller. Anyway, thought I'd see how the trackwork looked and used one of my DC Kato engines as a test run. As soon as I...
  19. goscrewyourselves

The “Give Tony Grief” Thread

From the look of things, our weather is not going to improve too much until around June, and I am becoming impatient to get my "new layout" started. As such, I am going to do what I swore I never would - repair, modify, upgrade an existing layout that needs track work done. One of the turnouts...
  20. goscrewyourselves

Weathering Rails ...

What do you guys use to weather your rails - rusty them up or whatever? I have heard acrylic paint then wipe the tops of the rails off but any other ideas what wont effect the electrical conductivity of the rails? Am putting together a small (very small) diorama and would like to try...

Back