Search results

1. J

Reintroduction of ELL&L RR

I've been off building a hot rod for the last year. I'm back, the layout has been uncovered, spiders chased off,and a little work done....mostly cogitating Here's a link to an old thread.to give ya an idea of where I'm at with it (construction wise)...
  2. J

Hello again already

Ayup, I'm back....damn the bad luck, eh? I took a year off the RR to build a hot rod & get it OTR. I intend to get back to it when the rains come back....the weather gussers say that is tomorrow. The RR has been sitting under light painter's plastic since Sept of last year. Looked part of it...
  3. J

HO Trees

Not those midgets that are common but the big'uns that are mostly trunk. Specifically, Doug fir, Spruce, & Cedar. Scarfed this site & consequent pic out of MR. These guys know what big'uns look like at least.......the best I've seen commercially as yet......but I'm still lookin'. Their prices...
  4. J

Bachmann EZ Center

I will need a DCC controller in a week or so. I only need one to control 2-3 cabs at once. Bachmann also in offering DCC controlled switches......not cheep but.... I have a couple Bachmann locos (0-6-0 & Climax) and they seem well made but without a controller I've not run them. I'm a month or...
  5. J

Ell&l rr

A picture of the chosen space in my shop for my planned layout. There is enough room for a U shaped 12' X 16' with an extension of the long dimension to 19 X 32" wide ....if I want to turn the stove pipe on the left into the worlds largest Cedar tree.......there is one in Olympic Natl' Part that...
  6. J

Minimum radius

Doing a scale drawing of my soon to be HO RR. Will my old brass Tenshodo 2-8-2 make a 24" radius turn? What is the minimum radius for a Climax/Shay? I know the logging railroaders used steep grades when necessary. Is 8% too much? A man's gotta have a plan even if it's a bad one.:rolleyes:
  7. J

New old guy here

Restarting after a 40 year layoff. As such, "things have changed." This DCC thing is all new to me and I'm up in the air with it. My planned layout is going to be in my shop & will be about 16-17 X 12ish feet. Max operation will be 2-3 engines at once. I'm not much into the bells & whistles...

Back