Search results

1. H

newbie starting out

okay, progress is slow going ... but it is progress. After trying several demos, i've settled on XtrkCAD for the planning. Attached is a rough approximation of the layout presented above by Stein Jr. I know mine needs some work so just looking for some feedback about best ways to improve it...
  2. H

newbie starting out

Thank you. This is what I needed to hear. I will post again with more specific questions.
  3. H

I can't believe

I like it!
  4. H

newbie starting out

Thank you for all the comments. joe circus, thanks again. I hope you are a making good progress on your layout! Pete V, good to know I can use the shells. thank you Doughless, very helpful insight. And thank you for welcoming me to the site! Iron Horseman, good question. I like...
  5. H

newbie starting out

Thank you for the responses!!! Doughless, I originally chose DC so I could use my father’s and grandfather’s locomotives as this is important to me. After a little more research, though, I found out that conversion may be possible and DCC would be preferable. I think I will go with DCC...
  6. H

newbie starting out

Greetings All, I am seeking guidance for a new project. Limitations: I live in an apartment (ground floor), limited access to tools (willing to acquire), limited craftsman skills (willing to learn), on a budget. Pluses: I have roughly a 12 x 11 room to dedicate fully to the layout, I am...

Back