Search results

1. G

Reverse Loop ????????

Not a reverse loop , but I have a reversing " Y " , with DCC I bought and installed a reversing controller , don't have to worry about anything , it takes care of it for me. Nice thing to have.
  2. G

Turnout Control on a for a Wye

Gotta see a drawing of this to completely understand the layout and purpose. Just from what you describe I don't see a problem , it doesn't sound like a reverse loop problem where you'd need a reversing module.
  3. G

Weekend Photo Fun 1-26/1-25

Just dropped by with a shot of my Cat dealership.
  4. G

Weekend Photo Fun 1-16/1-19

Here's a quick shot of my Trainmaster. It's an older Athearn , just got a decoder in it , Headlights are yellowglow leds , but I used a bright white led for the mars light on top. Grampy , saw your photos across the street and here , fantastic depth and detail. What kind of camera do you...
  5. G

Veteran's Roll Call: All that served or serving our countries

United States Army Security Agency 1965-1969
  6. G

A&P Regional Warehouse

Very nice , I like the interior showing , it always adds to a model.
  7. G

Show us your classic muscle cars

Guess I don't need to show mine , Bob just did.
  8. G

Just signed up

Howdy to the other down under. I built many a locomotive for South Africa ( worked at GE for 38 years.) Does anyone down your way model the early GE's and EMD exported down there ?
  9. G

Torn On Layout Height

Ditto on the 42 in. , seems just right for me at 5'10' most tables are 24" wide so all is esay to reach.
  10. G

Installing lights in locomotives

I've used two different techniques. 1. Some locos I've used 1.2 mm 1.5 volt grain of rice bulbs , I slide them in the existing holes and retain them with Alenes tacky glue on the inside of the hood. Wait over night before fooling with them after that. Even if they are too far in or out, the...
  11. G

Congratulations, you made me do it.

Yep, I use 44 Rosin Core solder by Kester. Welcome to DCC. I just changed myself this spring after 30 years ! Been converting loco's like crazy. Learned the other day how to let the magic smoke out of a decoder (my fault ) If you have a computer near your trains use Decoder Pro , it's...
  12. G

Christmas Photo fun 14/25/26 DEC

Always amazed at your work John, great stuff.
  13. G

Haloween Weekend photofun 31Oct-2Nov

Nice tarp John , looks real to me . Got a couple quick ones GE repair shop roof top workers spreading new gravel
  14. G

Live Diesel?

Yeah , I have , I worked at GE loco works for 38 years before retiring this year. LOL . Seriously as stated above it would be very difficult if not impossible to scale down reasonably.
  15. G

Weekend Photo Fun 10-17,18,19

Been playing with lighting alot lately. Gas Station done tonight, used LED's under the canopy.
  16. G

Weekend Photo fun 10/11/12 October 2008

Here's a little dribble from me: Finally finished a re-design of 50% of my trackwork when I went DCC(finally). Shot across toward the industrial area , SP tiger stripe 1329 working local industry in the middle ground.
  17. G

Weekend Photo Fun 10-3

Nice Ray, looks like my bench too ! Took two night shots of the layout the other night, door closed, perfectly dark, unitl I turned on the street lights, hard to believe just the street and yard lights would actually light up the room. Everything is kinda new as I re-did most of the...
  18. G

Thinning acrylic paints?

I'm sure you'll get lots of answers , but I've always used good old water. Get it mixed well before using.
  19. G

Bachmann 44 tonner

TKs for the info guys.
  20. G

Bachmann 44 tonner

I have searched around but haven't found any specific info on what decoder people have used to convert the Bachmann GE 44 tonners , anybody ? Which decoder fits best ?

Back