Search results

1. crazycarl

Scratch Built Freight station For the Logan valley RR

Very nice depot! I am always influenced by those who take the time to detail the interior of buildings. I for one, have never done this level of detail, but love it!
  2. crazycarl

whats your main industry

Intermodal! I have 2 small yards for tranfer of containers and trailers.
  3. crazycarl

UP Dash-9 Road Numbers

Thanks. I also found this site. It has ALOT of useful info! http://www.thedieselshop.us/
  4. crazycarl

UP Dash-9 Road Numbers

Just recieved some Athearn "blue box" un-numbered but painted C44-9Ws. Does anyone know what road number series was used by the Union Pacific?
  5. crazycarl

New member, New layout, New pics!

^^^^ Thats exactly it. The last two layouts I built, I planned and stuck to it. Bought all the track, glued and tacked it, and sceniced it. Then oh, about a month later I kept saying "man I should have done this, or should have done it this way." This time I'm planning on the fly and leaving...
  6. crazycarl

Due to the compliments on the drums, heres some pics of my Neil Pert replica!
  7. crazycarl

Where to find UP locos???

Thats the problem I seem to be having in my area I guess. Tons of Sante Fe (pre-merger), BNSF, and NS but little UP. Guess everyone is buying it up. I tried the ebay thing for the first time and lost both auctions so far. What road do you want and I'll trade ya for some UP if I can find em :D.
  8. crazycarl

Drums and trains indeed! Two of my three faves also, first being target and competition shooting tough. Only bad thing is when I play.....buildings like to move. I also have to make sure the sticks DO NOT go flying out of my hands!:eek:
  9. crazycarl

Thanks Rico. Why is that? does he or she play drums too?.......Or is it cause my basement is a mess? :D
  10. crazycarl

Hello from Belleville, IL

Here's some pics!!!! http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=270637&posted=1#post270637
  11. crazycarl

Just for kicks here's the family Lego guage layout!
  12. crazycarl

A close up of the scratchbuilt/kitbashed Dupo yard tower (my first!).
  13. crazycarl

Here is the south end of the layout (Dupo yard).
  14. crazycarl

The east end (middle of the L)and East St. Louis yard.
  15. crazycarl

Here is the west end of the layout
  16. crazycarl

Here's some pics of my newest layout. Its a prototype/ freelance version of the UP's Chester sub, and East St Louis engine service. Era 1990s-2005. Its a tabletop design with 2" foam insulation top. Power supplied by a DC, MRC Control Master 20. As of right no the track is just laid loose on the...
  17. crazycarl

My first Atlas loco

I love my Atlas locos! Have about 4 now and plan to add more. I can also vouch for the fact that they are quite tough. I had a Silver series Dash-8 40B sitting on my fireplace mantel and while at work my stupid cat knocked it off! It fell about 4' unto hardwood floors. The only damage...
  18. crazycarl

Hello from Belleville, IL

Hey all I joined to ask some questions and maybe answer some. I'm new here but not to modeling........Trains that is :D, ! I am 33, a former employee of St Louis Car company, Rail Cruise America, and have been working with HO for about 20years now. I am currently on my 3rd layout and as soon...
  19. crazycarl

Where to find UP locos???

I have been noticing that it is getting harder and harder to find modern HO, UP locos. Examples of what I am looking for would be Dash-8s, Dash-9s, AC4400s, SD70ACEs, and most of all MP15 DC or ACs. I cant seem to find them at local shops, train shows, or much online. I have seen some stuff...

Back