Search results

1. T

Hump Yard Operation

Latest update -- without a control system yet -- not yet ready for any big "reveals" -- been busy with a different kind of grading (exams not tracks) -- should have more time to work on it in the next few weeks I've been able to get fairly consistent rolling across 4 bowl tracks by shimming...
  2. T

Hump Yard Operation

Latest update -- without a control system yet -- not yet ready for any big "reveals" -- been busy with a different kind of grading (exams not tracks) -- should have more time to work on it in the next few weeks I've been able to get fairly consistent rolling across 4 bowl tracks by shimming as...
  3. T

Hump Yard Operation

humping w/o retarder control -- works so far I've spent some time seeing what I could do with the hump yard before resorting to a control system and retarders only room for 4 tracks at the moment -- one Y switch and 2 number 6 switches -- So far, it seems to be working pretty well with...
  4. T

Re-Motor Athearn DD-40

new thoughts on re-motoring / re-gearing old DD40's looks like I'm reviving an old thread I found a couple of like-new DD40s ....2 motors no flywheels... wondering how best to re-power them?......want to have room to add tungsten weight for best pulling traction has anyone re-geared a...
  5. T

Hump Yard Operation

the hard part is knowing what's the hard part Thanks for all of the responses to date...great food for thought while we don't put enough cars through to "need" a hump, our local yards (plural) have hump(s) (plural) so the kid has been asking for one on the layout -- hey, how hard could it...
  6. T

Hump Yard Operation

New ideas for hump yard control -- LEGO robotics for control Sorry to revive an old topic, but I'm a new forum member and currently working on a small hump yard. My background includes physics, programming, and robotics so I've taken up the hump yard automation challenge a bit. I've been...

Back