Search results

1. Night Train

Here's my layout so far...

Hey wombat... Sorry I'm so late responding and thanks for the kind words. It's 13x6 at one end tapering down to 13x4 at the other end. You really can do a lot with N scale. It's a blast to run. I usually run 2 long trains at the same time with my wireless controller and have to stay on my toes...
  2. Night Train

How often do you lubricate your locos?

I have a mix of Atlas and Kato locos. They are relatively new...bought my first one a couple of years ago and my newest ones 2 weeks ago. At what point should I put a little lubricant on those little gears at the bottom of the wheels? I run my locos fairly often...I operate them all at least 2...
  3. Night Train

Steel wheels on rolling stock...Who makes 'em?

Never heard of Exact rail for N scale. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  4. Night Train

Track: Atlas vs Peco vs something else??

How great would it be if Kato made a flexible track? I've always used Atlas flex track because of it's well, flexibility. You can design any layout you want and not be limited to the given radii of uni-track or any other sectional track. So what if it takes longer to put together? In the end...
  5. Night Train

That may be true for some Kato equipment, but all of the Kato stuff I've purchased recently, (Maxi-well intermodal units and the coal-carrier cars) all have metal wheels. I've found that Kato quality is top-notch but your track work had better be very well done.
  6. Night Train

There's a reversing module you wire up where the reversing loop ends and it automatically and instantaneously reverses polarity. Really slick. As far as the turnouts are concerned, I decided to go with the standard Atlas snap switches controlled from my control panel of buttons all powered by...
  7. Night Train

Wow! Thats a lot of equipment! About that wiring.... Since you are starting a new layout, be sure to use DCC to power your layout. It is SO much easier and more fun to use than the standard DC and block wiring systems of old. You'll be able to run multiple trains at the same time depending on...
  8. Night Train

Opinions on the Bachmann N Scale Spectrum CHESAPEAKE & OHIO 2-6-6-2 Steam Locomotive

Thank you. My minimums are 18" everywhere so I should be OK. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  9. Night Train

Digitrax and MRC working together?

I have the MRC Prodigy Express system for my layout and am contemplating getting a loco with a Digitrax decoder installed. Will that work?
  10. Night Train

Opinions on the Bachmann N Scale Spectrum CHESAPEAKE & OHIO 2-6-6-2 Steam Locomotive

Anybody have experience with the Bachmann N Scale Spectrum CHESAPEAKE & OHIO 2-6-6-2 Steam Locomotive? I'd like to have at least one steam loco for my layout just because and this one is available. Is it reliable? Does it run smoothly? Your thoughts please. Also.....what are your opinions...
  11. Night Train

How do you restore factory settings for Kato locomotive using MRC DCC?

Edit: Problem solved. CV#125 to CV#1. Google is my friend. :D
  12. Night Train

How do you restore factory settings for Kato locomotive using MRC DCC?

What are the proper CV#'s for restoring factory settings on my Kato loco using MRC DCC ? Thanks in advance.
  13. Night Train

Mail and baggage cars

Railway Post Office. Literally a post office on rails used to carry mail between cities up until around 1977.
  14. Night Train

Most complex track plan?

I just browsed that site. Wow! Thanks for sharing that. That has to be the most complex pieces of track work ever designed and built.
  15. Night Train

Mail and baggage cars

Good to know. Interesting that this thread came up now. I just set my eye on one of those cars I'd like to get for my layout pretty soon. Is this a great forum or what?
  16. Night Train

Need a Quick Answer...DCC on DC track....

Thanks for all of your responses....it's appreciated. I'm selling one of my locos on eBay and a potential buyer wanted to know if it would work on DC power. After I posted my question here, I went down to my layout and wired up my test track to my DC transformer that powers my switches. It did...
  17. Night Train

Anyone Using Kato Uni-Track? Pics Please!

Atlas stuff has been becoming available in my area for the last month or so. For a while, I couldn't find a rail-joiner in this state to save my life. Same for left and right #6 switches. Now, things are slowly coming back available. Sounds like you have a great plan going on there...keep us...
  18. Night Train

Will a DCC equipped loco run on standard DC power?
  19. Night Train

Will a locomotive with DCC on board run on a track powered by conventional DC power?

Back