Search results

1. Boris

Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Curt: Thanks. Now that the tracks are finally in, I can work on scenery. The location I'm trying to replicate is in Pennsylvania, the photo is taken along 1 and 9 in Jersey. I'm professionally familiar with both locations. The reality is ya see one refinery, ya seen them all. ;) I am pleased...
  2. Boris

Just finished the tracks to the Sun Oil Refinery. And connected the wires. I also tookan aerial shot of the Stoney Creek Pit tracks.
  3. Boris

Nice Cabin Car...Not for nothing, after 39 years in Jersey, Baltimore is a breath of Fresh air. If the homeboys want to kill one another, that's their problem, along with the people that pander to them. Have you ever been to Newark? Trenton? Camden? Yeah, you're better off in the country...
  4. Boris

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Awesome Diesel...Love it.
  5. Boris

Baltimore is best among American cities, even with it's warts. Go Caps, beat the Rags!
  6. Boris

Walthers Oil Loading Platform Modification Help

To unload a tank car, all you need is a hose and a pump. The platforms / pipes are for loading multiple products. Add a ground level pipeline with hose connectors on either or both sides of the platform.
  7. Boris

George, as you know, anytime a train rear ends another on a main track, it's probably the fault of the crew on the second train. If the report is correct, and the second train was running at or near track speed at the time of impact, the crew either blew the governing signal, or went beyond the...
  8. Boris

Captain Weems: It's my belief that the fall was directly related to your treatment, and not because you are a klutz. You must have really rattled the brain if you don't remember anything. Seriously, my prayers are that you recover. Don't quit. But I think they pushed the envelope in...
  9. Boris

Nothing wrong with that. The Mandrell sisters were quite popular back then.
  10. Boris

Wow! :eek: 😾
  11. Boris

Perhaps postponing the Chemo is a good idea. For now. Hopefully the Radiation goes well tomorrow. Hang in there, I think about you all the time. You will beat this.
  12. Boris

Yo: WTF? We ain't supposed to get these things, eh? Seriously, the last one, in 2011 was a rock and roll, Epicenter in Harrisonburg, VA in Appalachian Virginia. This one was a noisy rumble, sounded more like a C-17 coming over LOW! Didn't realize it was a quake until half way through, when...
  13. Boris

That earthquake was an interesting experience. Wife and I were sitting at the kitchen table, preparing to run a few errands. We felt this "rumble" running SE to NW, and the sound of appliances shaking. About half way through I finally realized what it was and said Earthquake! Shortly after that...
  14. Boris

You would hate the way I drink my iced tea...straight up! No sweeteners. 😼
  15. Boris

Not for nothing, I'm frum Jersey...38 years away from my life in Maryland. By Jersey standards, I'm still considered "Southern" Still prefer Duke's Mayonnaise to Hellmans, Kraft' Mike's and Generic brands commonly available around here. When Lidl opened, they sold Dukes. Lidl never caught on...
  16. Boris

That box of Shreddies is absolutely cool. Shreddies are still made today, by Post Cereal in Canada, $5.99 US / box at Acme. The Generic Acme brand is $3.00/box so that's what I buy. Great for breakfast with blueberries or sliced strawberries with 2% Lactaid free milk. No Lionel locomotives...
  17. Boris

Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Mike: Happy Birthday to your wife!
  18. Boris

Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

I avoid Ibuprofen because it's not heart healthy, no NSAIDs are. However, if you don't have heart issues, you can mix them. Advil even makes a blended pain killer.
  19. Boris

Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

David: Just saw your comments concerning Dawn. Hope she responds to the antibiotics and wellness returns.
  20. Boris

If you were to work for a railroad, which one would it be and what position?

Absolutely, I agree. 42 Years is enough.

Back