Search results

1. W

Back with a new plan...feedback requested

I got some good feedback from my first set of posts here...and I've spent the past few weeks digesting that, reading, and coming up with a new track plan. Operationally, three locations are represented. The yard at the bottom is at Geneva, the industrial section above that is Ithaca, and the...
  2. W

Back from the drawing board

After spending quite a lot of time designing and redesigning my layout, I decided I ought to run some virtual trains on it. Lesson learned: you ain't got a layout if you can't run your trains. So I'm fresh back from the drawing board with a slight (ha ha) revision. This time, I ran trains on it...
  3. W

Help me choose a yard layout

I posted the first draft of my track plan a few days ago and have gotten some great feedback to improve it. Now I think I am close to finishing it, but there is one important element left. I have come up with three variations on my yard and need help deciding which will be best both...
  4. W

Feedback on track plan

After many years I am finally beginning to get started on my first layout. Before I start spending money and making mistak -- err, laying track and building scenery :), I'd like some feedback on this track plan. What kinds of problems am I likely to (or going to) run into if I build and operate...

Back