Search results

1. Railrunner130

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

It would be running on the main line. Probably used and abused by the railroad.
  2. Railrunner130

Thanks for coming back Jim! My dad will be 78 soon as well. He's on the mend at the moment, but he should be back walking the dogs at the service dog organization soon.
  3. Railrunner130

Dave's Saucer City

This is so cool I had to revisit it. It's such a neat, out-of-the-box idea.
  4. Railrunner130

Jim, I went looking - twice. I don't see it. please drop me an e-mail conowingomodels at yahoo.com. Thanks!
  5. Railrunner130

Jim, I sent you a message a while back. Did you see it?
  6. Railrunner130

TRAIN SHOW Nov. 21 Boyertown PA

I wish I'd known- could've brought Conowingo Models up there.
  7. Railrunner130

Timonium Train Show 2-3 October.

My wife and I were there as Conowingo Models. Things went well on Saturday until the food vendor got far behind on orders. They really need to address that issue. This caused most families with kids to leave in search of food and not return. Sunday had less people, but they were more serious...
  8. Railrunner130

Stop me before I kitbash another locomotive!

It's all metal. I think there's some brass in the cab.
  9. Railrunner130

Great job on the Prairie conversion! The body on the 0-4-4-0T is pretty narrow, so I think only the rear truck could be powered. Even so, the articulation messes with the available room. I think there's enough room in the coal box to put a small decoder. Either way, I don't have the talent to...
  10. Railrunner130

I've got an 0-4-4-0T that I purchased several years ago. It appears to have been made from two Lindsey 0-4-0Ts. I've been looking for someone to convert it to a can motor and DCC. My efforts wasted a bunch of $$ and accomplished nothing.:mad:
  11. Railrunner130

Working on a New Layout

Gotta start the kids young! Mine didn't really latch onto it. Although they still occasionally like running a Bachmann Spencer (one of my best running locomotives, BTW) on the layout with some of the Thomas cars.
  12. Railrunner130

[H0] L-shaped layout project

The toughest part about selecting a layout design is to figure out what works for you. Get some snap track and try it out. See if you like it. It's all about personal preference.
  13. Railrunner130

Kemtron locomotives

Your best bet is to look at the archived catalogs on HOseeker.net. That will give you a ballpark idea.
  14. Railrunner130

Little big layout

I was thinking a few aliens and a saucer.😆
  15. Railrunner130

There's a prototype for everything - using an old grain car to load trucks

The center of gravity seems awful high up to me. I'd be afraid it'd topple easily. There are hints of a metal structure supporting it, but still...
  16. Railrunner130

East Penn Railroad Switching Layout

The undecided portion could be a continuation of the Octorora Branch of the PRR. Throw in Herrs, Rising Sun and then Rowlandsville! I live pretty close to the old Rowlandsville village.
  17. Railrunner130

Beautiful boat Jim! Must've been an incredible adventure. Glad to hear you're on the mend.
  18. Railrunner130

Dream Models?

This is something I wish I had the talent to do. Personally, I'd design shells for the steam streamliners- John Wilkes, Royal Blue, Southern Tennessean, Frisco Firefly. But, I'd design them so they can be fit to either a Bachmann body (to keep the costs down) or possibly a Broadway Limited body...
  19. Railrunner130

Spectrum Climax

There are parts breakdowns on the Bachmann website. You might also check out Northwest Shortline. I believe they have a kit for that exact issue. I'd think it would have instructions for installation.
  20. Railrunner130

Tyco HO Silver Streak from late 70's locomotive engine help

That was my first locomotive as well. I found one that I plan to restore, but haven't messed with in a while. It would be nice to convert it to DCC, but I don't think that's possible given that one side sends power directly to the motor.

Back