Search results

1. HOexplorer

Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Company back in business

Just restarted the PCM&T Co. RR after a two year break for health issues. Click the link to see what is old and what is new. Over a million views so it must be worth some time. http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/building-the-pinacle-creek-mining-timber-co-rr.18172/ Or...
  2. HOexplorer

PCM&T Co.

Bob, Has my thread gone over a pre-programmed page count? The thread is no longer keeping up with the page count. It stops are 230 pages and we are at 233 and counting. New layout coming. Thanks, Jim
  3. HOexplorer

Some hacking going on.

Bob, The end of my Pinnacle Creek thread has a dubious message on the last page.
  4. HOexplorer

Special Announcement from the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co.

Today the PCM&T layout building thread will hit 500,000 views. A number that is very hard to duplicate in our hobby. If you have missed out these last for years you may want to click here...
  5. HOexplorer

No Red Light

I plugged in my NCE DCC panel and got the hand held controller to light up, but not the Red light, which I assume, means no power to the tracks because there is none. Help please. Jim:eek:
  6. HOexplorer

Update on Socal Jim

Hi, guys, Jim wants me to let you know that his next contest will be delayed for a few more days. He is still in hospital after his gallbladder surgery. Developed a couple of minor complications today, nothing serious, but has delayed his coming home. Hopefully, he'll be home by tomorrow or...
  7. HOexplorer

Probably first run Bachmann On30 boxcars

Do any of you have or know someone I could get in touch with who may have vintage Bachmann On30 boxcars? I need two maybe three. I know some of you folks who have been in the scale from the beginning have some and by this time may want to get rid of a few. These cars where fairly plain and are...
  8. HOexplorer

Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co.

The building thread is going to hit 250,000 views very soon. That's right a quarter of a million hits in just over 2 1/2 years. This is to announce a photo contest coming up shortly with a pretty good prize involved. If you are interested try this...
  9. HOexplorer

Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0

Will the Bmann Spectrum 2-8-0 Consolidation run on 15 inch radius curves? Thanks, Jim
  10. HOexplorer

This might interest you..

Here is a photo of a finished part of my layout. It is the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. There is a 'how it is built' thread in the HO section. Jim:) Thanks to photobucket this photo was lost. Maybe this one will post.
  11. HOexplorer

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...
  12. HOexplorer

Any Mining/logging Modelers Here?

Hi, I'm Jim from SoCal. I'm a new HO modeler who is interested in mining and logging layouts. I have a small bedroom at my disposal and have tinkered with other scales. Age and arthritis has forced me to try HO. Just can't grip the fiddly bits anymore. I'm new here and hopefully this photo will...
  13. HOexplorer

New Member from SoCal

Hello, I'm Jim from SoCal I'm a new to HO scale modeler. Have have dabbled in other scale before. When I can figure out how to post photos I will try and start a layout thread. I will welcome your comments good and not so good. I have broad sholders. Jim:)

Back