Search results

1. R

Foam or no foam?

Foam Hi Sir; I absolutely love the foam for a top piece. I can shape with a file or saw easily, and when putting track nails in, I just have to push them instead of the hastle of driving them into plywood or something else. I use my weller soldering iron with a loop of wire in it to cut...
  2. R

Another WTH Ebay Moment

ebay crazies I just sent personal messages to s couple of sellers advertising GP ;models in N scale, only they were SD units with six axels. They replied back nicely, and I was nice in informing them or the models. I think a lot of these folks just are not train modelers, and then theres those...
  3. R

Question about Kato N scale

Kato n scale curved track Kato makes several radius curve pieces that work very well, the local hobby shop will have a bunch on and and you can look at them and decide what you want. If all else fails use Atlas code 80 flextrack with a cork roadben. I use these and then add the connectors so...
  4. R

Bachmann N scale F7-A diesel locomotive

When you have the shell off, hook two wires to your power pack and with the loco on it's back, touch the wires one to each side and watch what happens, lots of times you can see why the thing won't turn. You can check the contacts where the motor picks up power from the wheel sets, if they are...
  5. R

New club trying to get started

Luna, New Mexico, Catron County, N scale looking for members, interested, contact Brian >tractorholic@gmail.com< I'll get back to you.
  6. R

Need some help to get the right Atlas Trucks

Jeff is dead on and right, listen to him. the MT trucks and couplers are the best way to go.
  7. R

My Big Shed layout

meters, yuk Man, how can we figure anything out, I thought I lived in the USA where we deal with feet and inches. This other stuff is a pain to try and figure out. How about giving us dimensions in feet and inches? Otherwise it looks like you have a neat deal going. Hell, I don't even have a...
  8. R

DC or DCC?

Well, the model railroad magazines have been pushing DCC real hard, I think because of the money involved in advertising. Poles show DC is still going strong despite the magazines ads. I'll stick with DC personally, but I'm an old dinosaur anyway. It would cost me thousands to buy over a...
  9. R

Tie down chains

chains a-Line makes some chains also. Might try that. I am a retired heavy haul trucker, and it always amazes me the way lots of folks tie down loads on either flat cars or low boy trailers. We always chained dozers over the rippers on the rear, and across the dozer arms in the front, graders...
  10. R

Athern HO truck kits

I am looking for a few of the old out of production Athern truck kits, either the freightliner cab overs, or the Kenworth kits. I am a retired truck driver and used to drive the older KW's like these kits, they were model 925's. I did the heavy haul stuff. HO kits are smaller than the larger...
  11. R

Long trains and helpers

long trains and multiple units powering them When I run steam I usually double head a couple of Kato mikes, and when it's diesel we run four head end units with at least two in the middle of an 86 car train on our N scale, DC, 4X8 ft layout. So I guess we run em rather prototypical in that...
  12. R

Your favorite locomotive?

favorite loco? As an alco fan, I've got to go with the C-420 as number 1, the RS 3 is next and of the modern stuff, I love the SD-40-2. The alcos all have their own unique sound, and I can still listen to them on the Apache RR in ARIZONA. After converting N scale lifelike C-424's with an...
  13. R

Vintage Atlas Locos

old atlas locos Hi railfan, my son and I bought some old atlas GP-30's that didn't run, and we then bought half a dozen kato motors with flywheels. Only took a little dremel work to fit the new motors in, and we used the atlas drive shafts, it all dropped right in. We both now have some great...
  14. R

Reckless Collecting

HI railfan, a true collector of freight cars buys three of each, one to run on the layout, one to save as a collector's car, and the third to trade some other crazy person who thinks he needs more cars. ha ha this is a hobby, no rules except one, HAVE FUN AT IT. My wife will never know how...
  15. R

Athern semi truck kits

trailrider, thanks for the help with the trailers. I have far to many reefers and box trailers as it is. I like to build the heavy haul types of Low Boy trailers like I used to drive for a living. Most are scratchbuilt as there are few if any available commercially. I also model a lot of the...
  16. R

Athern semi truck kits

HI folks, I am a guy who likes to build 1/87 semi trucks. I was told that Athern does not make those Kenworth #1560 kits anymore. I did find a place that sold boxes of six a couple of years ago, only memory does not remember where I got them. does anyone have any they'd be willing to sell, or...
  17. R

Coupler/trucks

YOu can get bachman couplers on ebay all the time, also Atlas sells some nice accumate couplers that are compatable and these are n SCALE. MT has coupler sets that will be body mounted, but also have couplers that go inside the older style coupler boxes. The wings, fit inside these boxes
  18. R

New T-TRAK forming in AZ

I'm not kidding pal, when you can't afford to play, you don't. When insurance is $1600 a month, you can't afford to play, I can't. Thanks for putting it out all over to.
  19. R

New Mexico clubs

Chopps118, I will stay in touch if you can send me a phone number so I can call you, or a name for the phone book I wil be in touch. Will be up to Luna for a week the 25th thru the 4th of march

Back