Search results

1. SilverBlade

DC short circuit

I am stumped by this short circuit. It makes no sense to me at all. If you guys can help me out here I'll give you a big sloppy kiss. Here is my layout so far: I'm using Peco Insulfrog turnouts. OK here's my problem: I wired up P-1, P-2, and P-4 without any trouble. I can move trains...
  2. SilverBlade

Best choice for turnout switches?

Anybody have a good lead on where to find the best price on momentary SPDT switches (toggle or slider) for turnout motors? I'm using Peco PL10 motors.
  3. SilverBlade

Download for a grade calculator

In doing my own homework on grades, I've come accross a lot of posts from people trying to figure out how to calculate them. I've made so many calculations myself I finally just created an Excel spreedsheet to do the math for me. If anyone wants to use it you can upload it here: Grade...
  4. SilverBlade

Stripped out screw holes on loco body

{I'm not going to flame Atlas. I'm not going to flame Atlas. I'm not going to flame Atlas. Calm. Deep breaths. ...OK...} So here I am replaceing the Accumate couplers on my Atlas dash 8 for the second time because the trigger pins are too low and because you can't bend them without...
  5. SilverBlade

Accumate coupler trigger pins keep falling out

Is there a simple trick to fixing Atlas Accumate coupler triggering pins? I've tried simply poking them back in but they don't seem to want to go in and I'm nervious about appling too much pressure. Does any body else have this problem with Atlas? I have only 2 Atlas cars and a loco and the...
  6. SilverBlade

Questions about Peco

I've been going to school on Peco switches and after several days of researching them, I am all 31 flavors of confused! :( I'm building a Code 80 N scale DC layout on a HC door. I'll only be operating 1 train so I plan to power the entire layout at once with out insulators or zone switches etc...
  7. SilverBlade

Derailment problems with Bachmann Spectrum

I've been tweaking for about a week and want to get some guidance. My Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0 has been a real problem child when it comes to derailing. The problem appears to be with the front truck on the tender. That's almost always what derails and always in the switches (any switch). I'm...
  8. SilverBlade

Newbie question about my engine

What is the purpose of these two gear wheels on my Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0? Is this an adjustment device I should play with, or a point the add oil to lubricate it, or what?
  9. SilverBlade

S curves are bad

So as I'm reading and lurking and trying to pick up what I can, I've caught onto the buzz that S curves are a bad thing. What I haven't seen defined is what exactly an S curve IS and when is it no longer an S curve. So in very moron tolerate newbie terms, what actually makes an "S curve"? Is it...

Back