Search results

1. R

Huge HO sale in columbus ohio

Sorry, I dont know why I didnt work, here it is again http://columbus.craigslist.org/tad/3369283143.html Here is the direct link if that doesnt work http://columbus.craigslist.org/tad/3369283143.html
  2. R

Huge HO sale in columbus ohio

Hey guys I came across this on craigslist. I unfortunetly cannot attend but figured I would post for others! I wasn't sure if I should post this on the for sale area because it is not my stuff. Anyways, heres the link! j5v4t-3371302722@sale.craigslist.org
  3. R

Designing first layout, lots of questions!

Agree. I started out on O scale when my dad got me my first layout, but I'm going to HO because much more realistic for me and I can fit more into a given space. Now, since we got off subject, lol. I'm going to take a 4x8 track place and extend it to a 5x8, possibly bigger so I can have...
  4. R

I know this is going to drive some crazy, but I'm thinking I might just go with the good old 4x8. It will be simple and cheap to build, and easy to move.
  5. R

4" of foam seems like alot of foam, I wonder if my lowes even carries it and what they charge, ill have to stop and see.
  6. R

You think the base of this thing could be make with foam instead of plywood? That seems a little weak to me?
  7. R

Very true. Im going to look into this. I'll have a hard time getting that bench work tho. I don't have experience But my dad will be glad to help, only problem is he is super busy with work :(
  8. R

I really like that design. I am going to do more research on it, thanks for all the info in your previous post- its helping alot! I'm not sure what I want to do. I'm constantly changing my mind. One minute I just want to get a 4x8 and have a small decent layout for now until I get a house...
  9. R

Thanks, I'm going to buy that book but I really don't see how I can make it work, cause ill have to have a 4 foot lift bridge over the closet (enless I just take the doors to it off, but the old lady wont like that :D) and secondly, a shelf layout cannot be very portable cause what are the...
  10. R

Help with my First N Scale Layout.

Wow that looks really neat with those risers, how did u get them? or did you make those?
  11. R

Yes but for me to have a continous shelf layout I would have a few problems because of the way my room is set up. The closet doors would be a problem, and how do I get around the entrance door?
  12. R

First time weather, how did I do?

Looks awesome. My first time won't light a match to that!
  13. R

I've started reading the book and I'm going to try and stick with it, got 20 pages in. I agree with alot of what your saying, but I don't think I can do alot of that with the space I have. I mean I have a 13x10 room, but I dont want a around the wall layout because I dont think I will be here...
  14. R

North Fork

Well I did a little creeping and I'm bringing this post back to life! Have you done anything else since these pics? If so post some new ones!
  15. R

Constucting my 1st walk around layout.

I dont know if you are trying to be realistic or not, but that draw bridge is useless with the other bridge there, just saying. It sure does look good tho, your doing a great job!
  16. R

I always thought staging was just a place to store the trains you werent running, I have that book but I can't get myself to read it because it seems like too much to take in for a noob.
  17. R

Well guys I tweeked it some more. Changes include: 24 Inches on the left and right, 18 inches on the top and bottom. No more elevations Staging yard on right side I have included the radiuses (not a word? :D) of the turns Whatcha guys think?
  18. R

Yeah turnouts are the easiest place for a train to de rail (enless u have super tight turns) so I am going to make sure I get the best stuff for my turnouts. I'll deff look into those ground throws to save some money! Anyone else have some tips on the design? I am thinking of making the...

Back