Search results

1. Diesel-Electric

Rivet counting Vs Fun

Hey People, I don't see myself as a rivet counter, but I do like when my models have almost correct dimensions and proportions. I can live with no rivets simulated and finer details, like tiny vents, decal, and similar missing. As mentioned, we never can get every tiny detail into our small...
  2. Diesel-Electric

Loco Roster

Hello there, My loco roster has a new addition! This is something to celebrate (to me at least), as this is my very first 6 axle locomotive! Here she is: Athearn RTR Norfolk Southern SD40-2 #3339 That brings the total up to 5 Norfolk Southern units: Athearn RTR GP38-2s #5287 & #5325...
  3. Diesel-Electric

5 pole motors

Hello bnsf971, Thanks for pointing out my wrong information, and also apologies for late reply. I was always under the impression that my two Athearn RTR GP38-2s had 3 pole motors, I just checked them today after reading your reply and yes, they have 5 pole motors! Rather ashamed! However...
  4. Diesel-Electric

5 pole motors

Hello People, As some may know, I'm planning on buying an Athearn RTR SD40E (SD50) and also an Athearn RTR SD40-2, if finances permit next year. These will be my very first six axle units. Having experience with two Athearn RTR GP38-2s with 3 pole motors (the two above mentioned SDs come with...
  5. Diesel-Electric

amfleet nightmare

Throwing away 3 $75 passenger cars just because of a paint problem? Nice! How about sending one to me too? I'll love to have one though I don't model passenger trains :)! DE
  6. Diesel-Electric

Loco Roster

Hey there! Well, I thought I'll show my locomotives too. My collection is nothing compared to most of the ones shown here. However, I'm proud of my very tiny collection :). My locomotives: 2 Athearn GP38-2s Norfolk Southern 5287 & 5325 2 Atlas Trainman 3GS21Bs Norfolk Southern 300 & 301...
  7. Diesel-Electric

Kadee Metal wheel sets and speed limits.

Hello there, Thanks again Cjcrescent! Regards, DE.
  8. Diesel-Electric

Hello People, Nice, thanks for the info. Cjcrescent, on my Accurail Box cars the Data reads as follows: CAPY 157,000 LD LMT 158,000 LT WT 61,700 Accurail Hopper cars : CAPY 200,000 LD LMT 203,500 LT WT...
  9. Diesel-Electric

Hello people, I have 6 freight cars that have plastic wheels, one Walthers Trainline flat car, two Accurail 5600 series 50' boxcars and three Accurail 2000 series hopper cars. I wish to install metal wheels on them, and I've been looking at Kadee #520 33" metal wheels...
  10. Diesel-Electric

What switch size and brand should I select?

What are typical speed limits on US railroads? Hello there, I would have liked to start another thread, but I thought otherwise and just ask this new question in this one itself. I would like to know what are the typical speed limits on mainlines(specifically single track mainline) and...
  11. Diesel-Electric

Hey, cg15, Thanks for the offer, I'll look into it. Till now getting the finances straight, these things are expensive to import to my country:)! Regards, DE
  12. Diesel-Electric

Hello there, Well, I think I'll go ahead and glue the points down with silicon :rolleyes:. One can just remove it easily if needed. Thanks again! Regards, DE
  13. Diesel-Electric

Hello there, Thanks notabob! That's nice information, I'm surprised the #5 turn out has a radius of 26". One more question: I've seen somewhere that says when nailing the track down, that to never nail down the switch track and only the flex track or the likes that join it? Any advice on...
  14. Diesel-Electric

Hello there, Thanks people! So Peco Streamline #6 it is then! Thanks for the input!:) I would like to have #8, but space on my layout is somewhat restricted. Also, just a question out of curiosity, what is the equivalent radius of a #6 turn out? Thanks again! Regards, DE.
  15. Diesel-Electric

Hello there, I'm pretty sure this topic has popped up before, but here goes: I want to get new switches for my layout, as of now the plan was to get #6 switches. However, since I plan to get an Athearn SD40E (due next year) for my layout, I'm now wondering if I should go ahead think a...
  16. Diesel-Electric

Norfolk Southern SD40E pull local trains?

Hello there, After going thru rrarchives as suggested by PApat, I got the answer: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=3114680 http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=3082147 http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=3047451...
  17. Diesel-Electric

Hello there! Yep, I see Your point........... Reason I want to get one. I simply find that long carbody with the 'clean' long hood (dynamic brakes were relocated from in the SD50 series right???) and 'standard' cab very appealing.:). Regards, DE.
  18. Diesel-Electric

Hello, Thanks guys! And PApat, thanks for pointing that site for me, looks really interesting! Thanks again, DE
  19. Diesel-Electric

Hello People, Thanks for the information. I would just like to say that I'm not really modeling a industry line but a single track mainline with a few spurs. But since it is a freelance Norfolk Southern railway I could say it's 'my railroad' and run a NS SD40E with a short train and enjoy...
  20. Diesel-Electric

My simple bare-bones around the room shelf layout

Hey Logandsawmen, Sorry, I misunderstood. Really, I don't know where to get them. Regards, DE

Back