Search results

1. TwrOpr 87

Milwaukee Road engine questions

I was looking eBay earlier for some new milw engines. I bought a f45 and will be getting a few others after the new year. I noticed a few gp9m engines painted for the Milwaukee but haven't been able to find any pics of one. Does anyone know if the Milwaukee actually had any or if the Walthers...
  2. TwrOpr 87

Shell swap question

I've got a small fleet of gp 9s (sp black widows) that are Proto 2000. I'm thinking of either repainting them into Milwaukee Road or buying a new set of shells. The ones I'm looking at are Proto 2000 gp 38 though. What I was thinking is I could cut the weight so it will clear the gp 38 shell and...
  3. TwrOpr 87

N sale layout progress (pics inside)

I had posted a thread here a while back about building a new n scale layout for fun since my HO one is finished. The layout is a 6x7 foot L shape. My original track plan was abandoned after some serious thought and I went with a continuous running set up instead. My goal is to model the...
  4. TwrOpr 87

New motor question for HO engines

I've got a set of F7 a-b-a units from athearn bb that I'm custom painting in to Milwaukee road colors. The run ok with the stock motors but I'd like something better. What kind of motors could I use to power these units? I've got Proto 2k units I'm painting as well but won't be running with the...
  5. TwrOpr 87

Post 1955 Hiawatha question

I've got a question about the Milwaukee Road post 1955 Hiawatha train. I'm thinking of building a Hiawatha or cities train to run on my HO layout. I've got a few cars so far but need more. I'm still debating though if I should get more or not since I'm not a huge passenger train fan. The idea of...
  6. TwrOpr 87

Calling Milwaukee Road modelers

I'm doing a small n scale layout based roughly on the milw in the Midwest. I need some info on the Milwaukee in general; motive power, passenger trains, rolling stock, etc. Does anyone have a good website to use or books that may help? I'm modeling the milwaukee in the early 80s but I'm also...
  7. TwrOpr 87

My new project in N Scale

Here's a quick picture of my hand drawn draft for my new n scale layout. I'm hoping to build it this winter once I've got a little extra room. The plan is to have it in a L shape with the depth being 2 feet and length of each side being 6 feet. It's going to be small but I think in n scale it...
  8. TwrOpr 87

N scale track, switch question

I'm going to start buying some N scale track down the road and need some help picking it out. My goal is to have a small N scale layout based on a Midwest granger line in the 70s and 80s. I'm new to n scale but not model trains. Who makes good track and switches and what do you guys recommend...
  9. TwrOpr 87

Track plans

Ive been looking around online for track plans because Im probably going to build a layout next year when I get my own house. My dad, brother, and I drew up our current layout and built it. Theres a few operating kinks and things I dont like so Im going to take that knowledge and apply it to my...
  10. TwrOpr 87

Another new guy; from Chicago

I came across your site looking for track plans via google. It looks like a good site! My names Jim. I've been a model railroader since I was little when my dad got my brother and I a small set up for the kitchen table. Since then we've built a good size lay out in our basement that's based on...

Back