1. TwrOpr 87

My HO layout

Looks really good so far! Nice work Sent from the past
  2. TwrOpr 87

Davetown Bank

Wow!!!! That's amazing work, great job with that bank Sent from the past
  3. TwrOpr 87

N or HO?

Theres a lot of great thoughts here already posted. My 2 cents, HO is great if you've got a good amount of room for your layout. Basically if you wanna have x,y, and z and can do it in HO then that's the best choice by far. It's a bit more pricey but easier to handle and repair. On the other...
  4. TwrOpr 87

Worse case scenario, what would you do.........

Hobbies would be the first thing to go. As much as like model trains and love my mustang, my fiancé and other things are more important. Sent from the past
  5. TwrOpr 87

Lulu's Trains

Welcome to the forum! Sent from the past
  6. TwrOpr 87

Back into the Hobby!

Welcome back to the hobby. I'm falling away from it myself due my other interest, my mustang. There's alot of great people here and tons of info Sent from the past
  7. TwrOpr 87

Hi folks

Welcome to the forum. If you've got questions theres always some lone on here who has an answer! Sent from the past
  8. TwrOpr 87

hello everyone!

Welcome aboard. There's tons of guys on here who are very knowledgeable Sent from the past
  9. TwrOpr 87

hi from saskatchewan canada

Welcome to the forum Sent from the past
  10. TwrOpr 87

New from Friendship, NY

Welcome to the boards Sent from the past
  11. TwrOpr 87

Hand Drawing Track Elements

There should be a stencil for turn outs and diamonds etc. I know my old man bought one a while back from the hobby shop and used that to hand draw our layout (his now cuz I hardly use it). That seems to be effective and easy of drawing is easier for you Sent from the past
  12. TwrOpr 87

WESTERN PLAINS (the sequel to 2x15 yard ideas)

That container looks good! Sent from the past
  13. TwrOpr 87

Newbie looking for a two-mainline layout

Loops are good tho; turn on trains, grab beer and enjoy operations along with a cold one haha!!! Basically I agree with all the statements made above. Have a goal for yourself and really think about what you want. It's like building a house or car or anything really. You don't wanna get half way...
  14. TwrOpr 87

Magic Pan Bakeries

This^^ You prolly don't need to get too creative since its a warehouse. A down town kind of building would be more detailed and painted really nicely. Sent from the past
  15. TwrOpr 87

Do you remember when the.........

I'm not sure exactly how old I was but it was a long time ago. I'm 25 now, work for a railroad and seem to have been into the hobby for ever. My dad bought my little brother and I a HO set one year, maybe around Christmas, and we played with that for hours on end. It was just a Santa fe f7 a few...
  16. TwrOpr 87

what to mount ground throws to?

I just use ties and that seems to work well for me Sent from the past
  17. TwrOpr 87

WESTERN PLAINS (the sequel to 2x15 yard ideas)

Nice looking layout and color scheme for your engines. Good job! Sent from the past
  18. TwrOpr 87

NY Harbor Belt

Holy crap those are awesome pics!! I wanna have a layout like that with all the detail. Excellent work!! Sent from the past
  19. TwrOpr 87

Amazing what a little scenery can do!

Looks great! Sent from the past
  20. TwrOpr 87

Ouch

Looks like someone is trying to pay for their next vacation with this sale haha. That's a ridiculous mark up. I understand there's some time invested in this round house but that's insane to try and sell it for Dan near a grand. Some people shouldn't be allowed to sell things on there Sent...

Back