Search results

1. J

Vic Smith's "The City's Edge" Layout - build pics?

I realize that's a pretty old layout. I've done some searching the last few days and haven't found much, other than a 2-page writeup and video of it. http://www.gothamcitysub.com/pages/vic1.htm page 2 there has the video. I currently have a huge 9X14 L-shaped layout that I'm tearing down...
  2. J

My work in progress - HO scale

Obviously still a lot left. I'm gonna have to do something different with the grass. All I had for static grass was light green, and I had already sprinkled out a nicer looking summer green around the curve. I'll probably pick up something matching and add it on top of the static grass by...
  3. J

How does this terminal look?

I'm trying to decide if I like this or not, before I cut the track and make it more permanent. The road leading into this will be coming from the downtown area, and I kind of figured this would be a good dead-end to the street. Traffic will go in between the office and maintenance shop, I...
  4. J

Suggestions before I pour the Magic Water?

I'm about to pour the Magic Water in this pond, and was wondering if you guys would do anything different first. I'm not so sure on the color. I had an Ocean Green, but it seemed to light. I mixed all kinds of other colors in to get what's on there now. Thought about adding some black in the...
  5. J

Atlas #6 switches short - Not DCC Friendly?

Evidently..... Or does DCC have anything to do with it? I'm using some older brass #6 turnouts, and I guess they don't have insulated frogs (still new to me). When the trucks cross over, the controller shows a short. I've cut the rails back and sanded them down with a Dremel, but it doesn't...
  6. J

Suggestions on this layout?

I'm changing up my layout from what I had before. I'm using code 100 Flex, #6 switches, and a couple #4 switches. I have a few more #6 switches coming if needed. The curve where the engine is sitting is way too close together, so I'm going back to widen that out a bit. The inside track will...
  7. J

Turntable availability?

I've been waiting for the Walthers 130' DCC turntable for a few months. It was supposed to be out at the end of October, but once again it was delayed. I'm not finding anything else out there right now. Does anyone know where I can find something similar? DCC doesn't matter, I'd prefer to...
  8. J

Newb from Western KY

Hello! Just joined up to read all the good stuff to help building my HO scale railroad. I've been posting on another pretty good forum already, but it never hurts to see both sides. I'm building an HO scale L-shaped layout that's about 9x5 in one direction, and 14x5 in the other direction...

Back