Search results

1. rhoward

Weekly Photo Fun Feb. 28 - Mar. 5

OK, Lets get the thread going, shall we. Seems we missed last week completely. Please remember the title of the thread folks! The last one ended up with 27 posts in it. Only 10 of them had any photos.... So lets show your PHOTOS!!! We want to see what you have been doing. ;) I have...
  2. rhoward

Weekly Photo Fun Jan. 9 - 15, 2016

hey, hey, hey.... lets get the best thread around going for this week. look forward to seeing what you folks have been up to, so come on and share! This is the first day in weeks where I have not had a pile of non-railroad stuff to do, so I busied myself with some details on the Girder Bridge...
  3. rhoward

Weekly Photo Fun Dec. 18 - 25

Hey!!! Nobody started the best thread on the forum yet!!! I guess I'll have to do the honors then. This is a place each week to show off what you have been doing recently in the hobby. It should be your own work on your home layout or at your club. it is not a place to sit and chat. That...
  4. rhoward

WPF Dec. 8 - 13

Man this place is a mess.... We haven't had the best thread of the week in over... Ah... a week i guess. And, the one at the top of this section dates back to 2011..... How did that happen? So lets get another Weekly Photo Fun Rollin' on the line, shall we?' I have finally got enough...
  5. rhoward

WPF Nov. 24 - 29

Hey....... So nobody got the thread going yet? We're late this week. Show what you have been working on! I have started the second half of the Girder Bridge. The new section is on the left. Hope to have it basically together and ready to decal by tomorrow. The two sections...
  6. rhoward

WPF Nov. 14 - 20

Hey, Hey, hey! It is Saturday, so it's time to start the best thread of the week. Lets see all the work you are doing on your layouts recently. I always enjoy and am inspired by the modeling shown, so lets get it going! I have been doing more riveting on the Girder Bridge... First half of...
  7. rhoward

WPF Nov. 7 - 13

Hey, hey, hey! It is now the 7th. of November. Time for a new photo fun thread. There are always so many outstanding offerings here! I always look forward to see what each of you has been doing. As for me I have been busy with the bridge project.... Its been riveting! Really...
  8. rhoward

WPF Oct. 23 through Oct. 30

Hey, hey hey! It is now Friday the 23rd. of October so lets get a new Weekly Photo Fun going! I have gotten a bit more done on the girder bridge I am building. This will end up holding a curved track (about 28" radius) so this is a bit more complex than the other girder bridge I built last...
  9. rhoward

WPF Oct. 9 - 15

Well.... Since today is Friday and the last WPF was due to end yesterday, lets get it rolling! I have finally gotten back to doing a bit of hobby work. Been a very long Spring and Summer and no time for the nhobby. I am building a through girder bridge that will cross over the lower tracks...
  10. rhoward

WPF Apr. 18 - 24

Hey, hey, hey! It's Saturday already, so let's get THEE thread going for the week. Lets see what you have been doing and share. Got a bit more scenery done in the last few days (and got a couple photos of it...): One looking right down the creek. Yes I see there is a bit of cleanup...
  11. rhoward

WPF Apr. 4 - 10

Well..... Last weeks edition got buried half way through the week. That is OK as it got buried by a couple excellent threads. Lets get the new thread started... Last couple of days I have found a few minutes to get some more done at Keuka Creek. Looked like this earlier in the week...
  12. rhoward

WPF March 27 - Apr 3

Wha happened?!? Nobody started THEE thread here... Lets see what you have been doing! I have managed to get a bit more done at Keuka Creek. Finished the cut stone retaining walls at the tunnel portal and got it stained. Before I can do much more here I need to complete some...
  13. rhoward

Weekly Photo Fun March 1 - 7

I just looked at the calender and it is time to get the best thread of the week going. Guess I'll do the honors! I haven't had a whole lot of time to spend in the train rooms this last week, but did manage to sneak some time to do a bit more ballasting and scenery in the Kanadarqua Yard...
  14. rhoward

WPF Jan. 25 - 31

Hey you guys!!!! Where is the best thread of all this week? Nobody feel like starting it eh? Guess I will then. Lets show off what we have been working on, shall we! After several weeks that have been way too busy to even think about Model Railroading, I have had a few hours to get back to...
  15. rhoward

WPF Nov. 29 - Dec. 5

Hey hey hey, Lets get the next edition of the best thread on the forum going! I have gotten a guard rail made and installed on the small girder bridge I have built. I made the points using a Fast Track #6 turnout jig, and then just cut and bent some old code 70 rail I have had for many years...
  16. rhoward

WPF Nov 22 - 28

What? Where is THEE THREAD??? Guess I'll get it going for us... I have finally found a bit of time to work on a few items on the SLOW. The Dairy now has two stairways leading to the doorways, and a bumper-board along the front of the loading dock. I will need to do some touch up to the...
  17. rhoward

WPF Oct. 13 - 19

Well, well, well! Here it is "Lost Explorer Day" and nobody has started the greatest thread of the week yet! Guess I will have to do the honors again. Haven't been doing much that is terribly photogenic, but have made some progress on the Dairy. Since last week I have installed new roofing...
  18. rhoward

WPF Oct. 4 - 10

Hey, hey hey!!! 'tis time to get the new week of some great modeling photos going here! Lets make it a great week, shall we! I have been continuing some work on nthe new section. I am using a partially finished dairy kit that has been sitting on a shelf down cellar for 30 or so years. I...
  19. rhoward

WPF Sept. 27 - Oct. 3

Here it is the weekend already and no one has started the best thread of the week! I guess I will do the honors for it. Lets see what everyone has been doing this last week. I have gotten some small progress done on the SLOW this week. Last week the section I am working on looked like this...
  20. rhoward

WPF Aug 11 to 17

Lets get a new weeks edition of Weekly Photo Fun started! I have gotten a few things done on the Bridge project for the SLOW. I cut some "Square nuts" for the top side of the bridge to hold the J Bolts tight to the I beams. They will be painted flat black with a touch of rust in places as...

Back