Search results

1. L

Train display shelf and sunlight

For the lighting I found that even if the shelf has dichroic lamps, there are now led lamps that are a direct replacement, so I can just remove the original lamps and put the led ones without any modification. For the UV rays, I found the best option seems to be to add some film to the glass...
  2. L

Thanks for the answers! I will see what I can do to put an exhaust fan at the top of the roof (actually vertically over the wall) as indeed it must be of help in the summer. About the sunlight, I think I found the solution, checking the web I see that most of the polarized films have 99% UV...
  3. L

Thanks, heat is an interesting topic I had not consider, but I think even in the summer will not be too much of a problem for the models (it will be for me for sure :)) It's not a very typical attic, as the roof is between 6 and 12 feets from the floor it doesn't get too warm as to damage the...
  4. L

Hi People, After years of collecting my trains and keeping them in boxes I have now the space to setup a display shelf to better enjoy them while not running. My only fear is that the attic where I will put them has two windows and plenty of sunlight, that makes me fear that if I do not do...
  5. L

First H0 Layout - Opinions wanted

Got it now! :) Thanks a lot, very good suggestion, I will certainly take this.
  6. L

:D I live in Buenos Aires - Argentina and yeap, walls here are made of bricks and cement, concrete is used for some parts too (beams and the structure that supports the floor). Hardly you will find drywalls in regular homes, here they use it only in offices or other commercial buildings or...
  7. L

Yeap, I will try to borrow/rent a good one since I will make use of it just for a day. I bought one sometime ago but is not powerful enough to see through the concrete in the wall. Very interesting book, I sneak the first pages at google and has very interesting diagrams for spurs and yards. I...
  8. L

Thanks for the tips, really interesting, the idea of the valance sounds very good, I can even use the upper space for books and other stuff and put a curtain to protect the layout when not in use. I will certainly go into that direction when going to a definitive layout, the room is almost 16' x...
  9. L

VERY good point, I think I'm trying to stay in the middle of both worlds (easy and cheap as a toy train and realistic as a model railroad) and that will not work out without "sacrifices". Probably since I have been collecting engines and cars for a couple of years and I'm so eager to start...
  10. L

Hi, Thanks for the tip, would this be what you mean? Thanks a lot for helping! JL
  11. L

Hi Selector, Thanks for your answer, exactly, I want a combination of some switching and a loop. The main purpose of the layout is to be able to have my trains in continuous run so I choose 22" curves (the best power-loc offers) and didn' t want to make a regular oval as it may be boring...
  12. L

Interesting point, I may be able to add one at the "north" of the layout, parallel to the largest straight section. Thanks! JL
  13. L

Hi People, I have been collecting H0 model railroad stuff for a while but never had the chance to buid a layout due to space restrictions (I did build a N scale one). Im planning to move soon and I have started planning a layout for the attic of the new house. Is a pretty good space, and at...
  14. L

Bachamnn TGV truck gears replacement?

Hi psychobeagle, I took your advice and contacted them, unfortunately they no longer carry any parts for that loco as the model itself is out of production. Thanks a lot anyway, was a good idea. Regards
  15. L

Need Advice on Conductive Lube

People, If it is non-conductive is the same as saying insulating. Plastic is non-conducting and it is insulating. As simple as that (unless you start talking about semiconductors) Regards, JL

Back