Search results

1. siderod

Stay Alive and QSI

I've got a P2K Heritage 0-6-0 steamer that has a factory installed QSI sound decoder and an upgrade chip installed. While I love running this little critter it has a tendency to stall over turnout frogs and crossings. Now that TCS has two different styles of Stay Alive's I'm tempted to screw up...
  2. siderod

P2K GP20 Light Bar Removal

I've got an older P2K GP20 that I'd like to put sound in and on this particular application I'm going to have to pull both the front/rear light bars out and modify them. I'm wondering if anybody out there has had any experience removing these from one of these critters? I'd rather not break...
  3. siderod

Which decoder?

I'm back again. In a previous thread in this category I presented a question about how to safely remove a Bachmann S4 locomotive shell and I got some good help. Now this thread is kind of an addendum to the original. I would like to install a Soundtraxx four function mobile decoder in the...
  4. siderod

Bachmann S4 shell removal procedure question

Although I have never owned a Bachmann locomotive before I thought it was time to give one a try with all the good publicity they have been getting. Besides I've been dying to get an S4 in ATSF Zebra stripe.. Well, wouldn't you know I found someone selling both a Zebra with sound and without...
  5. siderod

QSI"Stationary" Sound Decoder?

I have in my possession a first generation QSI sound decoder without an upgrade chip that I would like to use as a stationary decoder mounted underneath the table and used for background sounds. My question is, does anybody know if I need to put a load, like a resistor across the motor leads on...
  6. siderod

An Atlas Mystery

This "mystery" has to do with the difference between an Atlas Classic locomotive and the old Atlas/Kato locomotives. I found an Atlas Classic locomotive in HO with all the detail molded on rather than separately applied. It looks to me like one of the older Atlas/Kato shells but it's in a...
  7. siderod

Atlas Truck Help...Please?

Color me frustrated. I have taken so many Athearn and P2K trucks apart I can do them blindfolded. Enter an Atlas RS1 Classic just purchased and in dire need of a lube. I got the side frames off no problem but now comes the tiny clips to remove the bottom cover on the truck. Using a miniature...
  8. siderod

Install a Sound Decoder in an HO H10-44?

Greetings to all, I'm new to this forum although I've been modeling for the last twenty years or so. I'm wondering if anybody has had any experience in trying to install a sound decoder in one of the old non-Proto 2000 Walthers Fairbanks Morse H10-44 locomotives they brought out back in the...

Back