Search results

1. Shark Nose

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

My favorite Mail Call item is the first car in this ad: #718 Mail Pick-Up Car! Sadly, mine is packed away for now :'-( but I often think of the mailbag flying across the room at full throttle on a straightaway!! <3 <3
  2. Shark Nose

tooter's train collection...

I love that pantograph!!! Is it live? I have always wanted to try a catenary system. It would be cool with that little guy :)
  3. Shark Nose

Thing I’ve never seen in a model train layout…

Ian, I have worked with slot cars in Aurora Model Motoring (originally) and Tyco (later, but after train set was apart; cars were easier on carpets!). I have always wanted to integrate Tyco US1 Trucking with trains, with interacting and intermixed live loads for both together (my car/train...
  4. Shark Nose

Code 70 and Code 55 track

Sorry for being off topic, but dude, that grass is incredible! How did you do it? All the little tufts!
  5. Shark Nose

HO scale EZ Track turnouts power routing?

:confused: Wouldn't it be taking a chance to rely on the switch points as the only conductivity for that passing block? It seems a chance of less than adequate supply. Or do these switches have a separate power route other than through the point rails?
  6. Shark Nose

Show us your special rides

Just noticed this thread........ This is my daily driver, currently 585,000 miles. She has been getting a bit tired and needing some extra attention lately; I am hoping to fix one of her sisters so she can get some drydock time.
  7. Shark Nose

tooter's train collection...

Bless you, tooter. :) I am afraid to unpack any of my old treasures until I at least have my benchwork in place. I fear the torture for myself. :(
  8. Shark Nose

Dumb question; Double -v- single slip T/O's?

That has got to be about the most awesome trackwork I have ever seen. Complete movement among rails is an understatement! Rail Traffic Control Dream! (Or Nightmare!) I am very curious to see what the surrounding trackage configuration for a few miles around was like. On another note, I would...
  9. Shark Nose

Introduction

Hi Willis- Thank you for the encouragement! Unfortunately, as I am just wading back in and my future layout area is cluttered to packrat proportions, it will be quite some time before I will have anything to show (I plan to build a compacted layout in my home office in two stages around, and...
  10. Shark Nose

layout design

Hi Jim, I wouldn't really say there is any advantage to DC, it's just that it draws me partially because it is way more of a challenge (Probably more than it needs to be; you see I am fond of DC for a few reasons: I learned on it and tend to gravitate toward familiarity, I tend to be way too...
  11. Shark Nose

I would very much love to see this. If anyone has any pics of any, would you post them? Thanks, Kevin
  12. Shark Nose

I had them as a boy. Very fun. It seems to me that grade crossings in any brand of car track are hard to find. Kevin
  13. Shark Nose

Union Pacific's #844 enroute to KC....

I am very lucky to have seen and actually touched the Challenger in her engine house 10 years ago. It was the last trip my Dad and I took together and we showed up at a slow time and got a personal tour by the Challenger's Fireman. She is the most awesome piece of machinery I have ever seen. It...
  14. Shark Nose

layout design

Being a fan of busyness, if a busy layout is the goal I think this is actually very well laid out and still kind of simple. I see it as two ovals, one within the other, with two reverse loops, one from outside to inside and the other way from inside to outside. It has crossovers for easy access...
  15. Shark Nose

What Track Planning Software Do You Use Poll

I chose Atlas Right Track because I am resurrecting packed away Atlas track that has been dormant for nearly 30 years and wanted to wade back in with some familiar stuff. (And I have a nonexistant budget and wanted to work with what I already have.) Being inside the Atlas Sectional Box for now...
  16. Shark Nose

Introduction

Hi everyone- My name is Kevin, I am 38, and I have lived in the Delaware Valley of PA/NJ all my life, currently in Lambertville, NJ. I have been drawn (and prodded by some friends) back into model railroading (HO) after a nearly 30 year absence and wound up here as a source for some layout...

Back