Search results

1. S

Bridge Inspiration

Here's a few shots of a curved bridge that I had to stick build. Prototype railroads would probably never have a curved bridge but I needed one on my layout.
  2. S

Showing off in the fall...

I do like the nighttime shots.
  3. S

Middle of 2018 Photo Fun

Is a couple of shots my layout with the F7 pulling freight cars past the hobo Village
  4. S

Cool Florescent light effect

Dave, Compared to the size the wire harness would be too big to put a second light in there. If I were to do it again I would take Tutnkumin's idea and put a piece of foil in front of the plug to bounce some of the light back. The picture really shows the hot spot. In reality that spot is not...
  5. S

Photos for florescent lights The photos should have attached. #1 pieces used to create light #2 hydrocal plug on the end of the straw #3 Used hydrocal to secure LED in the straw #4 Glued assembly to bottom of the awning #5 light check to see how it will look
  6. S

I came up with what I think is a pretty neat idea for creating lighting under an awning. As I'm sure all of you know, LED's are pretty directional. (really bright circle of focus where ever the light is pointed). I didn't think that would be very good for under the awning on the drive in...
  7. S

New LED's on main street

Dave, The pictured lights are the new LED's.I probably should have been a little clearer about that. I use LED's in all of my buildings as well. where I have an upstairs and a downstairs that are separated I use a soft white upstairs and the brighter one for the store front. It's a pretty nice...
  8. S

HSM Nevada City Fire station in HO

WOW! Was that scratch built or from a kit? Doesn't matter I guess it looks great! Mike
  9. S

New LED's on main street

Dave and Bob, I think that's where this latest batch came from. I miss the three globe lights because I feel that they were more scale than these as far as height was concerned. On the other hand Ya just can't beat LED's for power consumption. I can run these all night without my transformer...
  10. S

New LED's on main street

So? I'm putting my downtown together and I found these cute little three globe street lights for main street. I installed them and by the time 30 minutes went by the globes were melting off of the lights. I thought I ordered LED's but obviously I did not. After un-doing all that I did to install...
  11. S

Athearn Tank Car

Finding the "oh yeah, I remember when I got this" pieces of model railroad stuff is very rewarding. It's kind of like going down to the hobby shop and getting something that you don't really need now but you'll use it sooner or later. Best part is you don't have to spend any money on it. You...
  12. S

Latest video, the downtown is down (sorta)

Thanks guys for the complements. Honestly, I didn't know there was a rule about running close to the edge. Oops! The curved bridge was a necessity to fit what I had in mind for the general layout design. Because no one builds a curved bridge (maybe I should have gotten the hint about no curved...
  13. S

Ken, If we're talkin' about the same spot I had to cut that part of the hill out to allow for the depot way track which I added after the initial building of the layout. I'll probably put a brick retaining wall over the exposed cut out. That will probably happen when I get a "round tuit".
  14. S

I decided I'd make a new video of the layout. Admittedly I have the train running a little hot. I did that to shorten the video. My layout is 5 X 11. It will be broken downtown in 5 sections. From the wall out it's "up north at the lake" then the hobo village (hard to see but it's between...
  15. S

My CSX Gainesville & Northern

Obviously you'll want to rotate the pictures but these give you a better idea how I sectioned the bridge to accommodate the curve. One of these days I'll add more spars to the under-lament of the bridge to make it look more real and "railroady" but for now it allows the train to go over the...
  16. S

My CSX Gainesville & Northern

I went to the hobby shop and got some basswood stock. I laid the track out on a a couple pieces of paper and figured how to get the curvature of the bridge to fit both the track and the two ends it would be attached to. Then it was a matter of cutting and gluing the pieces together. I did not...
  17. S

Little Tavern Hamburger Shop (N Scale)

Very cool. Nice work.
  18. S

Quick question about LED lighting

Thank you sir. Mike
  19. S

Quick question about LED lighting

Hey Gang, I've got some LED street lights that are rated a 1.3v. I'm going to power them with 12-13v and therefore need to put a resistor in series with the light. Question is do I put the resistor on the anode lead or the cathode lead? Mike
  20. S

New Photo Diorama

Very cool.

Back