Search results

1. Sweet-Chuck

Opinions-best methods for forested area

Dave-do you have any images you can share where you have this method making a forest-y area? :)
  2. Sweet-Chuck

But what have YOU used?
  3. Sweet-Chuck

What method have you found works best to model areas with lots of trees, without using individual trees ?
  4. Sweet-Chuck

The BC and F Railway

The green is just the undertone...eventually it will be covered by foliage.
  5. Sweet-Chuck

The cost of highspeed rail is expensive, but can we really afford not to consider it?

I also meant to add that the vast majority of Americans have not had the good fortune to use an honest to goodness mass transit system that is timely and efficient. If they traveled Europe for any length of time they would SURELY have different perspectives than "it won't work" :)
  6. Sweet-Chuck

The cost of highspeed rail is expensive, but can we really afford not to consider it?

"Not for nothing, but America's biggest problem is that everyone is dug in and ready to defend their position, and will not listen to other ideas or opinions. In re-reading this thread, most of what I see is why "it won't work", and all sorts of reasons why we shouldn't consider passenger rail...
  7. Sweet-Chuck

Where is everone?

Everyone has offered great insight. My original post was simply wondering where the traffic that used to exist on this forum has gone.
  8. Sweet-Chuck

Where is everone?

14 x 14 is SMALL?!
  9. Sweet-Chuck

New guy from Ohio.

Not far from there! 40 minutes or so
  10. Sweet-Chuck

New guy from Ohio.

North Central!
  11. Sweet-Chuck

Where is everone?

Interesting theory that many users MAY have migrated to more immediate platforms (like FB) and the forum activity may be declining because of it. What's weird is that I am a big social media type, but wouldn't consider it for an exchange of ideas, discussions, etc for model railroading. Social...
  12. Sweet-Chuck

New guy from Ohio.

Welcome! Northern Ohio myself
  13. Sweet-Chuck

Where is everone?

Is it just me, or has activity on this forum greatly reduced over the last year or so? When I fist joined in 2014 ish, I felt like I could log in every day and there were just so many new posts, updates, pictures, etc. Now, there appears to be such limited activity :( I know that this time of...
  14. Sweet-Chuck

New Layout for LASM

Very nice indeed
  15. Sweet-Chuck

Incorporating A Jack Post Column In The Layout

Wheres an update picture?
  16. Sweet-Chuck

The BC and F Railway

Still not quite sure what to do over here. Playing around with a mine, some possible terrain features, and pretty much overthinking every damn thing.
  17. Sweet-Chuck

The BC and F Railway

Used some 1" foam to raise the urban area. Plus, it elimantes a terraced area at the back, bringing it to the front where it will add some nice depth and character to the topography. Also, i cut wood out to move the through truss bridge into the urban area. The road and vehicles will pass...
  18. Sweet-Chuck

Terminal Soldering Question

Somebody did these for me because I am hot mess when I solder. I dont do a good job, its frustrating, and takes forever.
  19. Sweet-Chuck

Terminal Soldering Question

Mark, I dont know! I just wasnt sure if they HAD to be completely soldered for some reason or another.

Back