Search results

1. B

used my CNC to cut a switching layout!

i actually work for a railroad as my day job. I bought the cnc with the profits i made on a restored 68 mustang fastback i built. I always planned on doing kitchen cabinetry, but 4 years later and i haven't even tried lol. 3D scanner is my next equipment purchase, then looking at a cnc...
  2. B

i dropped 18K on one :D I purchased a shopbot 4X8 standard model cnc for 12K then added the laptop for control, dust collection system, vacuum hold down system, then recently upgraded from a porter cable router motor for cutting up to a 220V 2HP high frequency spindle cutter. Looking at...
  3. B

well, i finally found something interesting to try to cut. I found the track plan here: http://www.shenware.com/layouts/tenderfoot.html While the original was 10' long, i decided to use up some material, and stretched it to 190" I used Xtrkcad to draw up the plan, then i exported...
  4. B

New Guy!

I used to restore cars, the last one i did was 3 years and 36K in parts doing most of the work myself. Sold it on ebay about 3 years ago
  5. B

New Guy!

the ones i do for customers, usually not. Most people order cabinets from me to restore machines they own where the original cabinet is water damaged or beat to death. They transfer thier parts over, and install new art, etc. I have put art on games i've done for myself:
  6. B

New Guy!

Here's my CNC machine when i first got it assembled Here's my cnc in action cutting an atari quantum cabinet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98dqrDUVd9c
  7. B

New Guy!

hey! I have somewhat of a grasp on all of those topics, and pretty versed on operational layout. I actually just called two of my local hobby shops, and kinda floored about the lack of knowledge i received! My ideas i am working with currently, are to manufacture and offer train layouts...
  8. B

New Guy!

Hi all, names Brett, i live in NW Ohio and work for csx. Model Railroading has been one of my hobbies since age 5. Currently i collect 90's and up Lionel. I have lots of hobbies, my main hobby being woodworking, and collecting/restoring classic arcade games. Lately, the model railroading...

Back