Search results

1. Sammy V

My N-Scale Mountain Town

A recent shot of one of the small areas that's detailed enough for photos. :)
  2. Sammy V

What's it cost?

$100/sf is about where I'll be when it's all said and done, but that includes buying everything related to every phase of the hobby since I'm new to it.. benchwork, specialty tools, paints, landscape supplies, trains, track, wiring, etc.
  3. Sammy V

4x8 Track Plans

I just started my first layout, and jumped right into a 4x8 (actually 4x6 is all I ended up building, but plan to expand on it someday). Having 4 feet of depth to work with seems ideal for a Rocky Mountain layout. My layout is also a Colorado mountain scene, and I loosely based it off a...
  4. Sammy V

My N-Scale Mountain Town

Thanks guys. I do have a lot of action, but the last 2 shots are the most "active" portions of the layout (and really the only areas I've been focusing on). The insulated fork on the top of the last photo will get a maintenance building at some point and just have a few cars and engines...
  5. Sammy V

My N-Scale Mountain Town

Figured I'd jump back in and post some photos of my layout progress. Started this thread a few months ago for feedback on my track plan, learned a lot, and pretty much just jumped in head first. Amazingly, the track plan and idea that was in my head all along is now a living, breathing, time...
  6. Sammy V

Comments On My 4x6 Layout Plan-N Scale noob!

Yikes. I went a little nuts with AutoCAD today. Here's what's in my head, we'll see how it shapes up in real life. :rolleyes:
  7. Sammy V

Wow, great info. I wish there was a train yard somewhere nearby I could go observe for a while. There probably is, I just need to dig a little bit. I do want to ride the Georgetown Loop someday, and there's also the Durango-Silverton loop that goes through some absolutely gorgeous scenery...
  8. Sammy V

Hmm, clockwise seems to work just as well, with the exception of the two dead ends at the upper left and lower right, which would have to be "backed out" in order to leave town. But those will likely be dead ends for a long time, and maybe I can re-arrange some pieces or just leave them off...
  9. Sammy V

You know, I hadn't really thought about picking up/dropping off cars. I guess the way I justified pulling head-first into a spur (and backing out) was that a train would be coming into town every few days, dropping residents off at the spur, backing out, and maybe heading to the industrial area...
  10. Sammy V

Hey guys, first post here and I'm anxious to learn more about this somewhat confusing hobby! I'd also like to share my first layout that I've started building. It actually fits on 4x5, even though I have 4x6 benchwork built, but eventually I'd like to add on to both sides where the 4 "dead...

Back