Search results

1. G

Lionel Model #264 working forklift problems

Yep, hard to believe you need the whole motor. :)
  2. G

That's liable to be expensive if you do find it, that's the whole motor! Here it is for $34: http://www.mytrainpartsusa.com/253-19---481-12.php The guy at The Train Tender used to have it listed, but I don't see it in his current on-line site. Perhaps you might email him and ask, it was $29...
  3. G

Would the Lionel #264 Maintenance Manual help?
  4. G

Stripped Hole - What Should I Do?

I guess you didn't actually look at the PemNut?
  5. G

Stripped Hole - What Should I Do?

A PemNut pressed into the hole will give you the threads you need. Drill it out to accept the correct size.
  6. G

Where Do I Find These Resistors?

You do know that you can use two 2K 1/4W resistors and stack them to get 1/2W, right? I've done this on several boards when I couldn't get the right wattage or value for a repair.
  7. G

Where Do I Find These Resistors?

For a resistor actually dissipating .15W, I'd have gone with the 1/2 watt models myself. BTW, dropping 13 volts at 15MA sounds like 0.195 watts to me. That's too close to the maximum dissipation of a 1/4W resistor to keep me feeling comfortable.
  8. G

How to de-magnetize.....

Well, my tape demagnetizer works great on everything I've tried it on. It's truly the "industrial strength" solution. :) You can't demagnetize with a permanent magnet, you need a decaying A/C magnetic field to do the job.
  9. G

How to de-magnetize.....

I have my doubts about that Harbor Freight tool to demagnetize anything. I use a Radio Shack 44-233A VCR degausser, it does a through job. I can even demagnetize track and switches with it, very useful to prevent magnatraction engines from picking up stuff stuck to the track. I've seen them...
  10. G

Light bulb for LW 125 watt transformer

That is a very common bulb, and pretty much any similar voltage bayonet base bulb will do the trick. I'd probably look for an 18V bulb, it'll draw less current and have a much longer life. A 1447 bulb would do the trick, lower current.
  11. G

Cleaning O gauge track?

DON'T USE SANDPAPER! I use Scotchbrite and a little WD-40. I also have a set of really small rotary brushes to clean the inside of the connections.
  12. G

Two 80 watt lionel transformers

You'll never properly synchronize two transformers, bite the bullet and buy the bigger one.
  13. G

Cleaning O gauge track?

DON'T USE SANDPAPER! I use Scotchbrite and a little WD-40. I also have a set of really small rotary brushes to clean the inside of the connections.
  14. G

Buying transformers on ebay

Go for something bigger than 90 watts if your CW-80 isn't doing it. I'd suggest a KW, they're the best value in watts per dollar.

Back