Search results

1. C

HO Scale Truck

Pre-weathering...
  2. C

HO Scale Truck

FYI, I picked up a couple more kits similar to this truck on E-Bay. Both have been partially assembled, but I am working around that. Everything in my "paint booth" here is getting a coat of flat grey. Whoever started this truck didn't like the strap detail or the chrome finish of the fuel...
  3. C

Minot, ND - Souris River N Scalers

This is exactly what I say everytime we get together. We need a few grades and at least Hilly (if not mountainous) terrain to really make this layout interesting. I really wish I could talk them into it. I am getting ready to start a layout at home, in HO scale, and it's going to be a...
  4. C

HO Scale Truck

Great, I'm glad you like it. I always try to ship Priority Mail at the very least. I know what it's like when people go the cheap way and it takes a week to get to you and you are just sitting there waiting and waiting... I hate waiting. :p Enjoy, C.J.
  5. C

Here are the photo's I promised. I was down there Saturday morning playing a little. The guy in some of the pictures is the VP of the Club. Most of the rolling stock and locomotives belong to the club. The Pres. and VP have a few items on the layout, and the SP Daylight on the trestle is...
  6. C

HO Scale Truck

I'm interested in anything HO scale. My layout plan is for the 40's - 50's era, but anything is fine. I have a line on a couple more kits that were similar to this last one, if I can get my hands on one or two I will build them up and we can work something out. For me, I just enjoy building...
  7. C

HO Scale Truck

If you that interested, I'm sure I can find another one to make, or something else for that matter. I'm not really interested in money, but trading would be kinda cool. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks, C.J.
  8. C

HO Scale Truck

Packed up and on it's way.
  9. C

HO Scale Truck

I sent you a PM, about sending me your address so I can get it shipped.
  10. C

I actually don't have many pictures of the layout, I had NO IDEA! I am heading down there this weekend, so I will snap some good overall shots for you, but for now, these are going to have to do. It's all I have. That's me BTW, working on this or that or the other thing. The problem we...
  11. C

HO Scale Truck

Thanks for the suggestions. It was a fun little experiment, but it's a little too "new" for what my layout is going to be (late 40's early 50's), SO, if anyone wants it, I will gladly pass it along to a layout in need. Let me know. Thanks, C.J.
  12. C

HO Scale Truck

I'm not sure if this is the right discussion to be posting this thread under, but it seemed the safest of the choices. Anyway, this is my first attempt at any type of "weathering". I use the term weathering in the general sense in that I attempted to make the truck look dirty and used...
  13. C

I'm just throwing this out there, but there is a rather large layout being constructed at the Railroad Museum of Minot, now home of the Souris River Model Railroad Club (or N-Scalers depending on who you talk to). The track plan is pretty much complete, but scenery still awaits. Let me...
  14. C

New Layout Design Ideas

CJ, Got PM, checking email shortly. CJ All Others, I have attached the afore mentioned scan of the idea I had where I could separate the two areas with a wall. Hopefully the attachment of the file has been performed correctly. Thanks, CJ (again) EDIT: Got email, thank you, this is...
  15. C

New Layout Design Ideas

Thanks for the great ideas, now that I have started taking notes and sketching some ideas out on paper it's really helping me see the layout more in my head. I still don't have a knack for the track planning software yet, but I am working on it. One of the ideas that cropped up in my notebook...
  16. C

New Layout Design Ideas

I just grabbed up "The Model Railroaders Guide to Logging Railroads" and "Layout Design for Realistic Operation" through Amazon, so hopefully those will be helpful. Lately I have been sitting in the middle of the empty space that is going to be my layout, trying to envision what I want it to...
  17. C

New Layout Design Ideas

I figure if I can use sketchup, then something in 2D should be fairly easy right? :)
  18. C

New Layout Design Ideas

Thanks for the great sugestions. I have very little experience with XTRKCad, but I will give it a go. As fas as the benchwork goes, I like the peninsula idea, but I am thinking of doing something along the lines of a very large "M". I will post more as the idea fleshes out a little, but I am...
  19. C

New Layout Design Ideas

First off, let me say that though I have been a Model Railroader for many years I have never had to plan a layout. I have belonged to various clubs depending on my place of residence, and I have worked on layouts, but I have never had to trackplan one. So I am looking for some help and...

Back