Search results

1. max diyer

Running Bear's March 2020 Coffee Shop

Thanks Guy I thought you might like them. If I ever go out to Colorado again, I would like to ride the D&S. Beautiful country - for sure!
  2. max diyer

Running Bear's March 2020 Coffee Shop

Hi everyone! Just a few photos . . . The first two are the Durango & Silverton in Colorado. The third is a classic Buster Keaton stunt
  3. max diyer

A building, a layout, finally!!

probably Jerome's Truck & Electric - lol
  4. max diyer

A building, a layout, finally!!

Jerome - here's something you might be interested in: http://trainweb.org/lfnwfan/html/Larry's.htm
  5. max diyer

Running Bear's February 2020 Coffee Shop

Howdy everyone! The likes on my stuff is apreciated! :) Flo - how 'bout a ham steak, home fries, salad, hot tea and warm apple cobbler Sherrel - thanks for the layout comment. My aunt and uncle bought a house that had a bean tree and could only think why would anyone have one of those in...
  6. max diyer

Howdy everyone! Thanks for all the likes on my stuff! :) Joe - great photos, I look forward to seeing them Toot - really like the Charger! Willie - great loads! I was picking up a load in a small town in central California. The load wasn't ready for a couple of hours, so I asked if there was...
  7. max diyer

Hi everyone Thanks to everyone who liked and commented on my stuff! Johnny - you asked the size of my layout. It is two 4x8s with one sheet turned to make an "L" with a 14" gap between them. It's 13'6" x 8'3" and I can walk the whole way around it. Willie - great flat loads! They are my...
  8. max diyer

Lesson learned: Build it where you run it..

IMO, I would just level the bench work again. Take the high side wheels off and use wood to make it level.
  9. max diyer

Let's get LOADED!!!.....

Here's a basic pipe load. I threw it together while waiting for layout construction glue to dry. It's made out of an aluminum foil cardboard tube. The cradles are 3/16" wood, I cut on the scroll saw. The tie downs are thin strings of leather, that are leftover from beveling the edge of a leather...
  10. max diyer

Howdy everyone! Thanks again to all who liked my stuff! :) Flo - How 'bout a hot pastrami sandwich, sweet potato fries, a bowl of vegatable soup and coffee James said - "these are good units...although the cabs are incorrect. I started years ago kit bashing new cabs for them. I have yet to...
  11. max diyer

Let's get LOADED!!!.....

James - good score on the cool Walthers depressed center! Tom - great looking depressed center and the load!
  12. max diyer

Howdy everyone! I want to thank everyone who liked my stuff! :) Tom - thanks for the depressed center link. That is one fine looking heavy hauler! Absolutely great show photos! Willie - great work on the C-10! Wow - you lost 30 pounds! I have to get on the "eat less" diet, as I have a...
  13. max diyer

Howdy everyone! I appreciate all the likes on my stuff! :) Flo - a bacon cheeseburger, a bowl of chili, coffee and bring the hot sauce. James - I have a fond appreciation for anything Caterpillar. When I first saw Cat's promo train, I searched for additional photos, but there's just a few of...
  14. max diyer

Howdy everyone! I appreciate all the likes on my stuff! :) Flo - I'll have a hot roast beef sandwich with home fries - put gravy all over it, a large cole slaw, coffee and slice of raisin pie with whipped cream on top. Mikey - I hope your house is still above water. Drains backing up...
  15. max diyer

Dave - have a good safe trip. I know you'll have fun. Take some good photos to share with us!
  16. max diyer

Howdy everyone! Thanks to all who liked my stuff! :) Flo - I didn't make it in here for breakfast, so I'll have a fried bologna sandwich, a bowl of vegetable beef soup, a small side salad with thousand Island dressing and coffee. Curt - thanks for the...
  17. max diyer

Howdy everyone! Thanks to everyone for liking my stuff! :) Hi Flo - I'll have a fish sandwich, fries, a large cole slaw and unsweetened iced tea. Willie - I'm impressed with the speed of your modeling. Yesterday it was mostly pieces, today it's near complete. That would...
  18. max diyer

What Era do you Model?

MARK - IMO . . . I find the poll relevant and interesting. It shows what the members of this forum model and that's what's important to me, rather than a poll or opinions on facebook or other sites. I don't do social media and don't really care what their views are. I hangout here...
  19. max diyer

Bob - they have 7'w x 8'h x 6'd containers - 305 cu.ft. and they have 28' pups. the containers are brought on a 40' flatbed with a piggyback forklift, which can be parked on the road to unload/load. The 28' pup can be placed almost anywhere.
  20. max diyer

Weekend Re-Construction

The leaking window problem needs to be addressed from the outside. There are window wells that will stop the seepage. And you will need a cover for the well. Keep the cover on until you want to open the window. It will keep snow, leaves, debris, animals, the neighbor's kids, etc...

Back