Search results

1. S

Grinding Dried Leaves

I have done this along with grinding foam as well. I made a few comments on how I would like to use my wife's blender for all this & that's all it took.:eek: She got me one at Wally World for less than $20. :D
  2. S

Coal Tenders

That's the same method I use DougC. This also allows you to put any additional weight in the bottom of the car not the top. Most loads people make causes the car to be top heavy.
  3. S

Greyhound Scenic Cruiser

I have one of those when they first came out...had to wait four months for it because of the demand. I wished I had bought several of them.:(
  4. S

Newb question - adding doors & windows

That would be a very nice kit build especially adding your own changes. I have been dealing with these folks for years..a lot to choose from. http://tichytraingroup.com/index.php?page=buy.php
  5. S

Scalecoat Paint

Just out of curiosity why is drying time of the essence. The time you have researched all this you could have watched a lot of other paints dry. :confused:
  6. S

Newbie with an exploding head!

Very good info...not much more to add. I will share my own experience with my son. We got him his first train when he was five. This got me & the wife involved as well. Well he's nineteen now & loosing interest...new truck, girl friend, college, & trips to mission fields has taken his interests...
  7. S

Scalecoat Paint

Never used it before but sounds like a good product. Don't know if I could put my train cars in the oven or not. :eek: http://www.weavermodels.com/page7.html
  8. S

HO Structure Plans

I haven't taken the time yet but I do want to use Sketch up. It seems to be more & more popular with scratch building.
  9. S

Buy windows and doors

I have dealt with these folks for years. http://tichytraingroup.com/index.php?page=view_category.php&category=Doors&offset=0
  10. S

Engine sheds

I'm doing the same thing for a Saw Mill project. I built the engine House & want 2 maybe 3 tracks to it. I want an outside track along side the Engine House. Just as Joe mentioned a lot of repairs were done outside. In my case one reason most repairs inside were the lengthy ones waiting or...
  11. S

HO Structure Plans

I model the mid 50's. What I do is Google Image a topic like old barns, vintage gas stations, store fronts etc. Consider most old buildings were 9'-10' tall not so large on floor space. Roof designs were usually shed or gable type 3-4/12 pitch. I also look at existing kits that I like & figure...
  12. S

Cincinnati Northern & CCC&StL consits near Cincinnati

I PM'ed you with two available on ebay
  13. S

Cincinnati Northern & CCC&StL consits near Cincinnati

This would be a good short line RR to model. I did a little research on the Cincinnati Hamilton & Dayton RR a few years back. Spend some time on this link especially the area in the lower right with all the other RR in this area...
  14. S

Metal Roof On an Engine House

Thanks CNR Glen. Loud Music each pack contains 10 strips. They are 7" Long x 15/16ths" wide. I previous had 15/64ths wide my bad :( They are $5.50 each with $1.50 shipping. If you order more than 1 pack let me know & I'll combine to save on shipping. The Engine House is HO scale & I used 14...
  15. S

Metal Roof On an Engine House

I would like to share an item I came up with for Corrugated Metal Roofing on my buildings. I always got tired of the expense, never having enough & the mess of trying to glue the panels on the roof. I'm selling these Self Stick Corrugated Metal roofing panels by the pack. Each pack...
  16. S

Tichy 120 ton Crane and Boom car build

I have to admit your build is getting contagious. I have about 3 of these cranes I got at swap meets. It seems modelers get frustrated stringing these & sell them cheap. I will be getting mine out soon :D Not too many modelers include the work car & the tender. This has been a fun build to...
  17. S

Best model kit for the price?

I have always got good deals at your local swap meet. Most towns have them 2-4 times a year. You can get good deals by bunching a few items together. Most of these are items modelers get tired of looking at & usually let them go for just a few bucks. I also buy on ebay. I mostly scratch build...
  18. S

Levi Barry Coal Co.

Derfatduchman inspired me to show some pics of my coal project. I'm from a mining family from Eastern Ky. so coal is in my blood so to speak. I scratch built this from researching several mines. I wanted something different from the New River Mine which is what most use. The structure is...
  19. S

Tichy 120 ton Crane and Boom car build

Actually I think your near disaster turned out great. I also found out A/I wash is the last thing done :D This is a nice build...good work.
  20. S

Holding your trucks still while painting

I always keep my plastic wheels so I put them in the trucks or paint before replacing with metal. I then hang them on a coat hanger with spacers made with plastic straws & spray away. Keep them tight or they will spin on you :eek:

Back