Search results

1. E

BLI Bluebird question

Hey guys I recently purchased a BLI Bluebird SD40-2 NS engine off ebay. After recieving it I have noticed that the body need alot of work. I have asked BLI if they have replacement parts for the shell of this engine and I was told it is an older engine I would need to find a sheel else where...
  2. E

Can of worms

Gentlemen.... Figured I would open up a can of worms with this but really get some good input into this. What build of locomotive do you enjoy the most? (EMD, ALCO, GE....etc) Also post what your most favorite locomotive is. I know there will be a ton of questions on this...
  3. E

DCC setup bench

Guys, I am wanting to create a long setup track in my garage to test my engines and set them up. I want to use a nice size board to give me one or two parallel tracks for setup and testing. I can get the boards needed and the track but I am a little unsure on the DCC setup. Can I simply...
  4. E

Making the move

Guys, Hey I am about to make the move over from HO scale to N scale soon. I was wondering what I need to know going into this smaller scale that might make the move pretty easy. My plan is to use 2 4x8 sheets of plywood in making my layout. I am unsure if I am gonna run...
  5. E

Need some information

Guys, You guys have given alot of great information so far for any question I have, and now I have a question that will start alot of discussion but I will also tell the reason I am asking this as well. I have purchased all RTR Athearn engines except for my 2 Atlas gensets. At the...
  6. E

Model Railroader

Guys, Does anyone remember in that last months of 2010 there was a short 2 or 3 page article of a gentleman that modeled the Norfolk Southern Executive train engines (both F9A and F7B units). I have been trying to find that and I am having no luch at all. If anyone has this article...
  7. E

SW1500 or MP15

Hey guys, I have been looking for a SW1500 or MP15 in N scale for a little while now and i have not been able to find one at all. Does anyone out there know of a manufacture that produces ones of these? I would love to get one in Norfolk Southern scheme but right now I would just...
  8. E

Christmas

I hope this is the right forum for this. How was everyones Christmas? We had a great time and my son got some much train stuff. He is the happies I have seen him in a while. On to the special announcement!!!! As of 8PM on the 25th of Decemeber 2010 we just found out we are having our...
  9. E

Amtrak

Guys I need some help. I have been thinking about this alot and I think I want to build a nice Amtrak train. I want to use the P42DC as my engine or engines. I am unsure what cars I need to have in order to have a correct Amtrak train. How many engines to these trains runs and normally how many...
  10. E

Building information

Gentlemen, I have started framing my 4X8 layout. I am really getting excited not that I have gotten that part of the layout out of the way. Next is the plywood and then foam "forming" that I have to do. I am going to be modeling a modern era and I have been looking at a lot of...
  11. E

HOYARDSALES a Joke!!!!

I recently joined HOYARDSALES and since then I have send 3 posts to be the administrator to be posted for stuff I was looking for. I have gotten 3 emails back from the administrator telling me stuff was wrong. The first post was right cause I posted N scale stuff for sale. The 2 and 3 was very...
  12. E

Which Decoder?

Hey guys I have a pretty basic and straitforth question. How do i know what to look for in a decoder? Currently I have been getting clubmembers to giv me ideas and I go off of that. Here is what i have for Locos right now and the decoders. I do not run sound yet just motion decoders. Atlas...
  13. E

need some ideas

Gentlemen, I recently purchased a GP30 C&O locomtive and after a wire grounding out it shorted out the entire train. My plan is to removed everything in the train and find a dummy GP-30 engine and put in there and make this a display for my soon to be layout. I will open the engine bay...
  14. E

Norfolk Southern question

Gentlemen, I am looking for a specific engine set I guess you would call it and I cannot find it anywhere. I just found out that Norfolk Southern has one passenger train that I know of. Here is what I am looking for: Norfolk Southern F9A #4270 Norfolk Southern F9A #4271...
  15. E

Wiring

I took my entire locomotive apart last night and I am sure I have fixed my short issue for now. I found a broken light under the body. What can I replace this light with that will work good? Eric
  16. E

Not to happy

I recently bought my first diesel locomotive and I have had nothing but problems with it. It is a Proto 2000 C&O GP30. I purchased the decoder and set it up at the local club. Thats when the problems first started. 1. Found the front wheel gears had hairline cracks and needed to be replaced...
  17. E

New to trains

After a long 10 years of messing with everything in the radio control fields I have decided to settle down a little and get into something a little more interested to mess with. I have a garage that will run a good 15 feet wide by 20 feet long and i am looking for a nice simple HO scale...

Back