Search results

1. J

1/87th Vehicles

wow, for a few seconds I thought I was looking at a real picture! stone
  2. J

Atlas HO Scale Conrail Quality Dash8-40CW

Ok, thanks guys. I was in a hobby store today and saw some Bachman units.. and they looked pretty good. Just wondered if they made a leep forward or something. I'm planning on doing an Ex-Conrail unit lettered for CN but still in blue.. Stone
  3. J

Atlas HO Scale Conrail Quality Dash8-40CW

Conrail C40-8W Is there a great deal of difference between the HO Bachman and Atlas..? Stone
  4. J

Scalecoat

I remember starting off with BN cascade green then adding something else. I'm also doing a KCS engine in gray and can't remember how I mixed it, I remember starting with MOW gray.. but I might be wrong Stone
  5. J

Uninstall DCC

A note in the box the loco came in says decoder 83fx and Digitrax DH140 I'm going to eventually make all his motors Dcc when I learn more about it. I use to be in the hobby then stopped. Now I'm a locomotive engineer in real life and decided to build him a decent 24 X 18 layout in my...
  6. J

Uninstall DCC

Sorry about the lack of details guys.. its a Kato GP35 H.O scale. The decoder shows to be a digitrax. I put it on the track and nothing, I disconnected the connector (unplugged it) and still nothing.. Building a Southern Highhood GP35 #2695 in the tuxedo scheme for my sons local switcher... Stone
  7. J

Uninstall DCC

Bought a locomotive (Kato) with DCC, nice engine for my 9 yr old son. I'm sure one day all his engines will be DCC but for now they are not. Was wondering how hard is it to un-install the dcc ??? Stone
  8. J

Stubborn Blue Box Paint

Two things.. one comment and one question. I work for NS, and the other day I was on a geep. Walking around my geep I could see where they painted over the Southern paint scheme. I could see underneath the NS black paint the outline of the stripe that goes around the engine and also the...
  9. J

Everyone post a picture of your best Weathering!!

SD45 Kato HO I wouldn't sy this is my "best", but it's my favorite.. Stone
  10. J

HLCX decals

Thanks !!!! Stone
  11. J

HLCX decals

I have a really nice running SD40-2 that I'm doing as a HLCX ex-BN locomotive. My question is.. Does anyone know a good decal sheet to use for doing the "HLCX" ???? stone
  12. J

Scalecoat

Dan, thanks for the advice.. but I've never found anything that "lays down" like scalecoat, Stone
  13. J

Scalecoat

Hello all.. I am wanting to paint a MP15AC in Katy GREEN. I've done this paint job before, but I don't remember what I mixed to come up with the right color (I've been out of the painting "scene" for a while..) I know I started with Burlington Northern Cascade Green, but I can't remember the...
  14. J

Hello from Virginia

December 23, 1988 my brother and me went to a hobby store. We were going to hang out all weekend so we wanted some things to do. He bought a model car and I found a Southern Pacific engine and bought 5 cars and enough track for a figure 8. I watched it go round and round for 12 hours.. Now I'm a...
  15. J

Port of Los Angeles

YES! That's it..! Thanks.. I'm building my son a layout, it's going to be 18 X 24 and I'm looking for a couple of switching dilemmas for him. i can incorporate this into it somehow.. Thanks again. Stone
  16. J

Port of Los Angeles

A few years ago I read the article of the Port Of Los Angeles. I was wondering if anyone has a rendition of the track plan.. i did a couple of searches to no avail, any help would be appreciated.. Stone
  17. J

Your favorite locomotive?

Mine will always be a A-B-B-A lash up of GP60M in war bonnets paint, with 133 in the lead (because I've been in it before).. stone

Back