Search results

1. K

Cement and Stone Layout

Made this up real quick and want some feedback on it......
  2. K

DCC Help - Kato Factory LokSound

Ok so I picked up a SD40-2 on feebay for $80. It has Factory LokSound/DCC. Everything tests out great, even tho the seller said it did not work....:p One thing I did notice is that the lighting (head and ditch) are dim. Too dim for me. I thought it may be the F9 dimmer function but that...
  3. K

Athearn Genesis GP38-2W - CN Version

Ok so it old news to some but its new to me about the new geeps. I want to know if anyone has reviewed them and how close to the real deal they are. To me they look very good. I know that there was some flaws with the IM SD40-2W's, mostly with the strips. I would just like to get a...
  4. K

Brass - Worth It Or Not?

Ok, so I have always wanted at least one brass piece I can keep in a showcase on my desk and also bring it out to run. Having never seen a brass engine in person, do they run better and look better than the plastic versions? I have the chance to purchase a OMI CN ES44DC for around $750...
  5. K

Intermodal Parts???

Hey guys, Just wnet thru my box of loose/not in box intermodal equipment. Most of this stuff is A-Line kits I think? I have no clue really as I bought it in an estate sale. My question is where would the best place to get ladders, brake wheels, container guides? I need quite a bit...
  6. K

Roster List?

Hey all, So over the laast week or so I completed my inventory of all my equipment. After looking a it I realize I have a lot of stuff....:D Now being as I am not really looking to sell it, I was wondering if there was any place where we can post a list of our equipment for other fellow...
  7. K

kz9's Starts to Build Domino Sections Until He Finds Bigger House....

Well after a long time away from the hobby, I have decided to return to it. Now with the addtion of my daughter to the family the basement is no longer a layout room...:D more of a playroom and rec room. I still have all of my stuff neatly and safely stored away indoors, and also still...
  8. K

Awesome Grab on Ebay!!

So last weekend I was trollin the ads on Ebay and came across one about a MTH SD70ace. I looked at it and it was described as used and for repair or parts because it did not work. I looked at the pictures and couldn't figure out how it was used because the fan covers, plow and scale couplings...
  9. K

New Layout Opinions...

New Layout I already have my other thread about my old layout that is no more, so I decided to start another thread to progress my new layout. I plan on having a 3 level layout with the lowest level being staging. The bench work will be the same as each level only I think I may shrink the...
  10. K

Place for good Interchange Info?

I have been google'n for about 2 hrs now on interchange yards with CSX. BNSF brings Intermodal units up to Chicago. Does CSX then take them to the southern and eastern states? Or does NS take over? Also does CP get in on this action? I always see lots of Intermodal coming thru the...
  11. K

XTrakCAD Question About Layout Size?

Is it just me or is the size of the layout you can draw is limited. I want to do my new room but it seems to big? 30'x20'
  12. K

MTH Parts Service

I recently bought a MTH CN SD70M-2 w/sound off of E-Scam and it was described as new. LOL it wasn't. I paid $220 shipped for it and it came with a missing sun shade and 3 bent cab stanchions that most likely will break when I try to bend them back as they show white stress marks...
  13. K

24'' Shelf Layout Supports?

In the next couple weeks I will be needing to set up the next section of my layout. This will be an around the walls 24'' shelf type. (16'x13'x20') I have been thinking about supports that would be as follows, Triangle type gussets measuring 24'' long x 4'' high made of 7/8'' foundation...
  14. K

Helix Help

Hey guys, The time is coming closer to where I have to do my benchwork in my basement as I finish it. The thing is I need to build the helix first before I can go any further. I have searched and searched and can't really come up with any kind of calculator to figure out the grade. I know...
  15. K

Boxing Day Sales?

Anyone know of any good boxing days sale? I got some money in my wallet and it burning a hole in it!!!:D
  16. K

MRC Genset Sound Decoder

Hey guys, anyone put one of these in thier Genset yet? http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/MRC-HO-1906-DC-DCC-Sound-Decoder-Diesel-Atlas-Gens-p/mrc-1906.htm Please discuss.....
  17. K

hotrainsetc

Anyone got his e-mail address? I deleted the pm where he gave me it and his PM box is full. Waiting for a box from him and need to figure out whats going on.
  18. K

The Future of The World is now Doomed!!!....LOL

Its not hobby related, but I would like to share this great news with everyone. I'm going to be a Dad for the first time!!!!:D
  19. K

Atlas FlexTrack? Older Stuff?

Has anyone got any insight on the Atlas Flextrack that has the rail stapled to the ties? I might be able to get my hands on a bunch for a good price. Think its worth it?
  20. K

What Did I Do Now??? lol

Ok, so my next project on my bench was a Athearn RTR SD60 in NS paint. This was suposed to be an ''easy'' dight light install, but I think I messed this up. Here was my thought process on this.....:p I would solder a resistor in the little hole which the green wire runs to. Next I would...

Back